A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Does anyone who works at Audi frequent here and have any idea why the hybrid's are so much delayed? Insane to hear cars being ordered in the last 2 months being built already, yet I don't even have a build week after 5 months and not expecting to get one until January!

Does anyone who works at Audi frequent here and have any idea why the hybrid's are so much delayed? Insane to hear cars being ordered in the last 2 months being built already, yet I don't even have a build week after 5 months and not expecting to get one until January!
I don't work for Audi but I'm guessing they build them in batches. The standard A3's will constantly be going through the production line, with slight differences on spec. Whereas the hybrids they'll wait until they get a load ready to go through and do them all in one go.
I also read that hybrid/electric vehicles need twice the number of microcips that ICE vehicles do, so given the issues everyone is still facing with these that will add to the delay for them as well

Reactions: jdw2525
I don't work for Audi but I'm guessing they build them in batches. The standard A3's will constantly be going through the production line, with slight differences on spec. Whereas the hybrids they'll wait until they get a load ready to go through and do them all in one go.
I also read that hybrid/electric vehicles need twice the number of microcips that ICE vehicles do, so given the issues everyone is still facing with these that will add to the delay for them as well
That would make sense, thanks!

Serves us right for trying to save the planet and going for a hybrid
Right!! Officially had the email drop in to my work email today to state the delivery date is now 31st Jan 2024... gutted...

Email from Audi apparently on the ship. Just can’t find any ships from Emden to Tyne but one that goes to Grimsby then Tyne . Would they do that?

Right!! Officially had the email drop in to my work email today to state the delivery date is now 31st Jan 2024... gutted...
I ordered a 45 tfsie in July 22, got same date though I have had a new date every 6 months since i ordered, definitely takes the excitement of a new car away!

I ordered a 45 tfsie in July 22, got same date though I have had a new date every 6 months since i ordered, definitely takes the excitement of a new car away!
Are you saying you ordered July '22 and you still haven't received it???

Was this direct through Audi or via a work lease company?

What is your current estimated delivery date?

Are you saying you ordered July '22 and you still haven't received it???

Was this direct through Audi or via a work lease company?

What is your current estimated delivery date?
Yeah order in July 22 its through work lease company.

I dont even have a build slot never mind the car!

my current delivery is now 31st Jan but i doubt this very much sadly.

Yeah order in July 22 its through work lease company.

I dont even have a build slot never mind the car!

my current delivery is now 31st Jan but i doubt this very much sadly.
Oh ******* hell man... is it LeasePlan/DriveElectric by any chance?

Just had a update from my dealer that my S3 Saloon Vorsprung has finished the build (after 4 or 5 weeks!) and should be here mid-September!

Reactions: soprano54 and discosteve
Got email saying car is now on the road after I received one 4 days before saying its on the ship.

Reactions: tomascott and soprano54
So is it about 3 weeks for car to be built when you get the email and then about 3 weeks to get to uk or to dealer from Germany?

So is it about 3 weeks for car to be built when you get the email and then about 3 weeks to get to uk or to dealer from Germany?
I reckon if you’ve just had an email to say your car is being built then l reckon it won’t until the end of Sept until you see it!

Last edited:
Also Audi valued my car and set it into the pcp quote I’ve got where I did all the haggling on the price I’m going to pay. do they generally honour the price they gave? As looks like my value has dropped about £150 when I just went on we buy any car

Mate tbh l reckon it’s longer, being realistic it probably takes four weeks for the car to be built!
Also Audi valued my car and set it into the pcp quote I’ve got where I did all the haggling on the price I’m going to pay. do they generally honour the price they gave? As looks like my value has dropped about £150 when I just went on we buy any car
TBH l don’t think they will as l was warned about this! I was fortunate as l was in a position to hand over the car l was partxing at the time l ordered!

Oh,
Mate tbh l reckon it’s longer, being realistic it probably takes four weeks for the car to be built!

TBH l don’t think they will as l was warned about this! I was fortunate as l was in a position to hand over the car l was partxing at the time l ordered!
as my car was only valued at £1.1k when I placed the order and was told not to worry, I was hoping as it’s low value anyway, they’d honour it lol. All my figures are built in to the amount I agreed when I ordered as I got money off etc

I have then same problem. I will be collecting my car in 2 weeks but have been told my pcp payments won’t change so it’s basically the same deal. I will know more in 2 weeks when I collect.

Reactions: Jason1987
Didn’t get email saying it was getting built so the only thing I can go off was the build date 12 July onwards . The first email was 3 weeks saying doing the final checks. Then 14 august saying it’s on the ship. 17 Aug off the ship and on the road. So that was Thursday but I tracked ships coming to the uk the only ship into the Tyne was the Neptune Hellas which arrived on the 15th after it had gone from Emden to Sheerness first.

Didn’t get email saying it was getting built so the only thing I can go off was the build date 12 July onwards . The first email was 3 weeks saying doing the final checks. Then 14 august saying it’s on the ship. 17 Aug off the ship and on the road. So that was Thursday but I tracked ships coming to the uk the only ship into the Tyne was the Neptune Hellas which arrived on the 15th after it had gone from Emden to Sheerness first.
So when did you actually order your car?

I ordered 28 May 2023 a3 saloon in blue tfsi 35 with tech pack.
Ah okay, that’s a fairly quick turnaround then, good for you! I placed a provisional order for an S3 ‘Vorsprung’, in glacier white with red callipers on the 12th May. This was then confirmed on the 16th May when the order books re-opened. I then received an email on the 8th Aug telling me that the car was in build!

Ah okay, that’s a fairly quick turnaround then, good for you! I placed a provisional order for an S3 ‘Vorsprung’, in glacier white with red callipers on the 12th May. This was then confirmed on the 16th May when the order books re-opened. I then received an email on the 8th Aug telling me that the car was in build!
****** hell thats great news.

Don't always take the Audi " In Build " email message as meaning that it's in build.

I ordered a bog standard car in the first week of July. I was given a potential collection date as mid to late November. I was more than happy with this.

A week after my order was made I was amazed to get an " In Build " email. The usual message which also said I'd get an SMS if there were any issues. Very, very quick given my previous experience - years ago - with Audi and way quicker than many on here.

No more messages from Audi UK - who send out the emails. But, 2 weeks ago my local Audi phoned to say my new car would be ready for collection " in September ".

Still no updates from Audi UK. Today I sent my local Audi an email asking for an update and got a fairly quick reply.

My car wasn't " In Build " - parts issues. It was likely to go " In Build " in September/October - but the build would only take 10 days and then 2 weeks for the car to reach the dealership.

I hope when " In Build " emails that people get mean just that, but don't always take that at face value.

As for Audi's communications ..............

No email to tell me that car is at the garage after the one saying it’s off the ship and on land. But I went to garage yesterday and it was there. Happy days roll on Sept 1st . A3 saloon blue tfsi35

Reactions: Paulie69
No email to tell me that car is at the garage after the one saying it’s off the ship and on land. But I went to garage yesterday and it was there. Happy days roll on Sept 1st . A3 saloon blue tfsi35
amazing are you not able to take it straight from garage?

amazing are you not able to take it straight from garage?
Got loads of protective foam and canvas on the car . Also it needs the paint protection done. So next Friday will do me.

Reactions: Deansx and MatS90
Got loads of protective foam and canvas on the car . Also it needs the paint protection done. So next Friday will do me.
Congrats pal. Mines at the dealers now and awaiting collection on the 1st also.

Reactions: Deansx, MatS90 and Madgooner
Picking mine up on the 2nd (Saturday) - a case of work getting in the way of pleasure !

Reactions: Paulie69
Picking mine up on the 2nd (Saturday) - a case of work getting in the way of pleasure !
IMG 5507

Reactions: BGG, Rs3Dude, Deansx and 1 other person
can pick it up anytime since I’ve retired.

Attachments

• B0BCFAA8-F9DB-4EEE-A027-673F649ED937.jpeg
    B0BCFAA8-F9DB-4EEE-A027-673F649ED937.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: BGG, Deansx, tomascott and 1 other person
do you have to pay for the paint protection? if so how much is it?
Story about that, I was looking for cars and had signed up for this car when a few weeks into the order I had a phone call from another Audi garage . Asked what I had signed up for so emailed it and they phoned up with 1000 off or paint protection and service plan worth 1200 . So I asked them to email it to me , so I mentioned to my garage I was in a predicament lol. So I emailed it to them and they matched it.
Shy bairns get nowt.

Reactions: Deansx
Story about that, I was looking for cars and had signed up for this car when a few weeks into the order I had a phone call from another Audi garage . Asked what I had signed up for so emailed it and they phoned up with 1000 off or paint protection and service plan worth 1200 . So I asked them to email it to me , so I mentioned to my garage I was in a predicament lol. So I emailed it to them and they matched it.
Shy bairns get nowt.
love that how much would have paint protection been otherwise? might consider depending on how much they charge or look for elsewhere who offers it cheaper

After being told my A3 was awaiting parts and would be available late September/October - only 2 days ago - I've now received an email to say it's completed " Final Checks " and will be on it's way soon.
My local Audi have now confirmed that this is right.
My original " likely collection date " was mid November.
Very quick turn around, but, I'm more than happy.

Reactions: Deansx and Paulie69
After being told my A3 was awaiting parts and would be available late September/October - only 2 days ago - I've now received an email to say it's completed " Final Checks " and will be on it's way soon.
My local Audi have now confirmed that this is right.
My original " likely collection date " was mid November.
Very quick turn around, but, I'm more than happy.
Funny old thing l also had an email from Audi UK earlier on:-

Attachments

• IMG_5180.jpeg
    IMG_5180.jpeg
    608.5 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: BGG