A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Finally got my car (45 tsfie) today ordered August 2021, unfortunately no ambient lighting or puddle lights :( but looks amazing
Was build week 19 so 5 weeks to delivery
My Edition 1 that I picked up in April came with both the beams and ambient. In my opinion you’re not missing much with the ambient.

No I’ve look and it seems like you’d have to cut out the section.
I already spec’d that so didn’t really get anything extra.
It’s a car through work so technically I’m not the customer and there was a hefty discount when they purchased it. Managed to get the money knocked off my monthly
But annoyed about the ambient
Yes you will definitely need to cut our a section of the door card base and add some alternatively sourced loom to wire it in. I did this to add tge audi beams. I was just surprised to get tge Audi beams in the glovebox in the first place as there was no wiring from the standard puddle lights that should've been fitted. Seemed an odd gift, like giving you a shoe box with just the laces from the shoes you should've had.

Finally got my car (45 tsfie) today ordered August 2021, unfortunately no ambient lighting or puddle lights :( but looks amazing
Was build week 19 so 5 weeks to delivery
Sorry to hear that, I am picking my 45 up on Tuesday. I been told no ambient lighting but also no 4-way electric seat. both really ****** me off as these are being fitted to other Audi models including the A3.
I do not get it. I ordered these as an option. I then get told they cant supply them thus removing them from my order. Car gets built 21 months later, when all these options are back in stock and they build it without it. To be honest, there is a huge part of me not looking forward to picking it up on Tuesday. To top if all off for my P11D, they have increased the price of the car as price used is the price at the time of registration. I get given the price of the new April 2023 version whilst being given the 2021 build version. I been using Audi for 18+ years. I dont think i will be returning to them after this car. They have really shown, that they dont really care about their customers.

Sorry to hear that, I am picking my 45 up on Tuesday. I been told no ambient lighting but also no 4-way electric seat. both really ****** me off as these are being fitted to other Audi models including the A3.
I do not get it. I ordered these as an option. I then get told they cant supply them thus removing them from my order. Car gets built 21 months later, when all these options are back in stock and they build it without it. To be honest, there is a huge part of me not looking forward to picking it up on Tuesday. To top if all off for my P11D, they have increased the price of the car as price used is the price at the time of registration. I get given the price of the new April 2023 version whilst being given the 2021 build version. I been using Audi for 18+ years. I dont think i will be returning to them after this car. They have really shown, that they dont really care about their customers.
So you were aware not long after ordering that those parts were being removed from your order? If that's the case, they were never reinstating them. It's a crap situation, but presumably there's a good reason why you wanted a TSIe rather than an S3? They're priced similarly,but the TSIe will have lower emissions liabilities if being ordered as a company car rather than a private car.

Will you be switching drivers often for the lack of electric adjustment to be a pain? Are they at least refunding the value for the missing equipment?

the car is a company car thus my reason for choosing the 45. I ordered it in Sept 21 and then was informed in April/May 22 of the removal of the ambient lighting. I was also told that if it were to become available it would be added.

my gripe is that i been given the P11D value of a car that the Apr 23 version build model but been supplied the Sept 21 version build. I will know more when i pick it up tomorrow. Oh yes drivers are switched often as my wife and some work colleagues will use the car.

I will update tomorrow once I've picked it up

To top if all off for my P11D, they have increased the price of the car as price used is the price at the time of registration.
Whoa! This doesn't sound fair at all. So you didn't know the actual price of the car when you ordered it?

I knew the price of the vehicle at the point of ordering. What i did not know was that the vehicle would take 22+months to arrive and that the on the road price would be the price at the time of registration not the price given when ordering it. Usually you order a car and 4-6 months later it turns up, not 22 months and the prices have changed. the lease company have actually kept the lease price promise but its the value of the car that has changed which in turn affects the BIK and thus the amount of tax I have to pay for a company car.
happy to have the car value be the April 23 Version but then don't supply me a car built to Sept 21 Version. I will know more tomorrow when i pick it up. It could I got it all wrong and my car is built as an April 23 as it was built in May 23.
my understanding is that both the options (4-way electric and ambient lighting) i ordered are now standard from the Sport upwards, therefore i would of expected to have this version as it was built in May and that I've had to wait 22 ****** months for the ****** thing.
I post pictures once I have collected it and let you all know what it actually came with. Fingers crossed it comes with seats and a windscreen :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I knew the price of the vehicle at the point of ordering. What i did not know was that the vehicle would take 22+months to arrive and that the on the road price would be the price at the time of registration not the price given when ordering it. Usually you order a car and 4-6 months later it turns up, not 22 months and the prices have changed. the lease company have actually kept the lease price promise but its the value of the car that has changed which in turn affects the BIK and thus the amount of tax I have to pay for a company car.
happy to have the car value be the April 23 Version but then don't supply me a car built to Sept 21 Version. I will know more tomorrow when i pick it up. It could I got it all wrong and my car is built as an April 23 as it was built in May 23.
my understanding is that both the options (4-way electric and ambient lighting) i ordered are now standard from the Sport upwards, therefore i would of expected to have this version as it was built in May and that I've had to wait 22 ****** months for the ****** thing.
I post pictures once I have collected it and let you all know what it actually came with. Fingers crossed it comes with seats and a windscreen :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Really feel for you, to not get what you ordered and at a higher cost is really poor. I hope they re-imburse you some how far the wait / missing pieces / extra cost.

Reactions: FishyFinger and vatdim
If it makes you feel any better, my S Line competition in Navara blue arrived as an S Line only in Turbo Blue! SO could be worse! :tearsofjoy: Have agreed to replacement wheels and does have more bits inside (Comfort & Sound pack) which is great, but no puddle lights or ambient lighting. Ill wrap the chrome trims myself, but will miss the extra 45bhp! i must say so far so good I'm blown away by the hybrid, so enjoyable to drive (Coming from a 2 Litre TDI)

Reactions: FishyFinger
Finally getting around to post my update. Ordered my S3 Saloon Vorsprung back in May 2022 and I took delivery at the end of April 2023 (Basically 1 Year). Very happy as I picked pretty much every option and I kept thinking would it come with some options missing, but everything is there which is great. I told the dealer to leave all the protective film on and not to wash the car which they did. Drove the car straight to work and it sat in storage for just over a month till I had time to Detail, PPF and Ceramic Coat it. I finished all of that last week and finally took it out for a drive over the weekend. I will get some photos up soon but I'm over the moon with the Exclusive Paint colour option. It was a big risk picking a colour I've never seen in person, but it does really pop in the sun.

Reactions: J4mieB, JKP, vatdim and 1 other person
Finally picked up my 45 Competition yesterday. Only thing missing was the ambient lighting. Hi got to say, it’s a fantastic drive, really impressed with the hybrid, it pretty rapid, quite a firm ride and holds the road well.
the B&O sound is lacking in depth and punch but I think that will warm up over time.
I’ve driven 300 miles in it since yesterday and overall really please with it. The only downside is the missing ambient lighting as I find in cabin really dark at night.

Attachments

• IMG_2977.jpeg
    IMG_2977.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2980.jpeg
    IMG_2980.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2979.jpeg
    IMG_2979.jpeg
    997.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2978.jpeg
    IMG_2978.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
Reactions: J4mieB, MrSmyth, Da3k and 5 others
Finally picked up my 45 Competition yesterday. Only thing missing was the ambient lighting. Hi got to say, it’s a fantastic drive, really impressed with the hybrid, it pretty rapid, quite a firm ride and holds the road well.
the B&O sound is lacking in depth and punch but I think that will warm up over time.
I’ve driven 300 miles in it since yesterday and overall really please with it. The only downside is the missing ambient lighting as I find in cabin really dark at night.
Looks Great! Agreed on the B&O system, i had the Audi Sound system in my previous car and really felt the sub & low end, i don't know if or where the sub is on the Hybrid with no space under the boot!

I've managed to get mine to look like the S Line Competition i was expecting (a weekend spent wrapping the trims and replacing the wheels), just lacks the additional 45bhp! :unhappy:

IMG 5310

Reactions: J4mieB, Da3k, FishyFinger and 2 others
Finally booked in to pick up my S3 on Thursday, i'm sure its either being offloaded on the Neptune Hellas in Sheerness right now (Or sat waiting to unload on the Silver Glory). Buzzing either way!

Reactions: discosteve and vatdim
Hi all. Had my car delivered on Wednesday (A3 45TFSI e Competition in Turbo Blue). As with others, no Ambient Lighting or Puddle Lights. A fleet car, so probably won't get Ambient retro-fitted. But, after looking on here and other searches, found https://rocketwires.co.uk/. The reviews made it a no-brainer to contact them and i'm so glad I did. Robin was able to fit me in today and fitted the puddle lights with necessary additional wiring looms. I genuinely can't recommend Robin and RocketWires highly enough. Drop him a line, if like me, you don't trust yourself to do these jobs. Many thanks Robin :thumbs up:

Hi all. Had my car delivered on Wednesday (A3 45TFSI e Competition in Turbo Blue). As with others, no Ambient Lighting or Puddle Lights. A fleet car, so probably won't get Ambient retro-fitted. But, after looking on here and other searches, found https://rocketwires.co.uk/. The reviews made it a no-brainer to contact them and i'm so glad I did. Robin was able to fit me in today and fitted the puddle lights with necessary additional wiring looms. I genuinely can't recommend Robin and RocketWires highly enough. Drop him a line, if like me, you don't trust yourself to do these jobs. Many thanks Robin :thumbs up:
Did your car come with a pair of Audi beams units in the glovebox to swap out with the standard puddles? Even though my S3 came with no puddle lights fitted, I did the retrofit myself using rocketwires bought looms and added the light units in place of tge red reflectors too. It was a ****** of a job - how much did it cost you all in, and how much was labour?

Did your car come with a pair of Audi beams units in the glovebox to swap out with the standard puddles? Even though my S3 came with no puddle lights fitted, I did the retrofit myself using rocketwires bought looms and added the light units in place of tge red reflectors too. It was a ****** of a job - how much did it cost you all in, and how much was labour?
No, i had nothing. Suspect that as it was a company lease car, the dealer may have helped themselves to any units that may have been in the glove box. Robin did the complete job, wiring, puddle lights and red warning lights for £205 including fitting and VAT. Absolute bargain. Oh. And only took him just about an hour to do!

When was yours an order from? I'll be super gutted if mine comes without ambient.

When was yours an order from? I'll be super gutted if mine comes without ambient.
And just so you know. IF yours doesn't come with ambient and you still want it. You're looking at around £1500 to retrofit.

Reactions: MrSmyth
And just so you know. IF yours doesn't come with ambient and you still want it. You're looking at around £1500 to retrofit.
Gah it makes me genuinely nervous. I'm hopeful because its a recent order all will be fine. I'm scheduled to pick it up on Thurs so will find out then.

Hi,
Was wondering if anyone has yet taken delivery of the MY23/5 A3saloon Black edition, was there anything missing from it that should have been included?. Collect my Black edition with Tech pro pack on Saturday, ordered April 2023 so quite a quick delivery from order date. Really did not expect to see it until around September time, maybe things are starting to move a little faster now.

Hi,
Was wondering if anyone has yet taken delivery of the MY23/5 A3saloon Black edition, was there anything missing from it that should have been included?. Collect my Black edition with Tech pro pack on Saturday, ordered April 2023 so quite a quick delivery from order date. Really did not expect to see it until around September time, maybe things are starting to move a little faster now.
Thats quick. Where did you order from ?? I've ordered a black edition tdi in may and no dates yet, also tech pro added

Thats quick. Where did you order from ?? I've ordered a black edition tdi in may and no dates yet, also tech pro added
That seems ridiculously quick, given that a 3 week wait at Emden and then 1-2 weeks to ship to the UK and be transported to the dealer as the norm, suggesting that it was built mid-late May, potentially up to 7 or 8 weeks after ordering.

You can adjust a placed order up until build week is locked (about a month before it is provisionally due to be built), so I'd suspect the OP has jumped the usual queue a little by adjusting an order already placed by the dealer to their requirements a few weeks before build week lock out has occurred.

Reactions: NevMan
I have a S3 Saloon Vorsprung on order from March 2023 - had a update a few weeks ago that it should be built in Week 29 (Mid July).

Very best case collection will be early August but more likely end of August/start of September!

I ordered black Ed s3 2 weeks ago. Is the centre console around the gear selector a different colour to the normal silver? I’m sure the spec says grey but not sure if that’s what it’s like anyway?

I ordered black Ed s3 2 weeks ago. Is the centre console around the gear selector a different colour to the normal silver? I’m sure the spec says grey but not sure if that’s what it’s like anyway?
I've seen a few late 23 edition 1s without the gloss black and the images on the configurator look like a flat gunmetal colour

I've seen a few late 23 edition 1s without the gloss black and the images on the configurator look like a flat gunmetal colour
It used to be and I think still is gloss black for stronic and grey for manual

I’ve one of the last edition 1 to be built before it changed to black edition and mine is gloss black, it’s the one thing I don’t like especially when the sun reflects back off it

The S3 I ordered in late March 2023 was initially supposed to be produced sometime in October, but was subsequently moved up to around mid-June. Unfortunately, it's not manufactured yet and I'm still waiting for a confirmation from my dealer. Hopefully it won't take many more weeks until I can finally sit behind the wheel and give it a spin. As for any missing items, I'll be sure to report once I know some details.

The S3 I ordered in late March 2023 was initially supposed to be produced sometime in October, but was subsequently moved up to around mid-June. Unfortunately, it's not manufactured yet and I'm still waiting for a confirmation from my dealer. Hopefully it won't take many more weeks until I can finally sit behind the wheel and give it a spin. As for any missing items, I'll be sure to report once I know some details.
I was told September for mine that I ordered this month

Guess black edition is just different on exterior then and same interior?
Ah looks like the console surround is grey now then and not silver like the current cars? Can’t quite tell if the dash is now also grey instead of silver where it says Quattro?

Attachments

• IMG_4705.png
    IMG_4705.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 137
Reactions: Paulie69
Spoke to my dealer who advised I've got an unconfirmed build week 39, which will mean delivery end of November as long as it doesn't get pushed back. Anyone any idea whether these dates are still regularly getting moved?

Spoke to my dealer who advised I've got an unconfirmed build week 39, which will mean delivery end of November as long as it doesn't get pushed back. Anyone any idea whether these dates are still regularly getting moved?
When did you order ?

I ordered my my S3 sportback Vorsprung in May (week 20), it was already scheduled to be built week 22/23. Audi emailed me last Friday that it was on the ferry and that it had arrived in the UK on Tuesday.

Like many others, I am concerned about what features will be missing and this is souring the excitement of a new very expensivecar. I would of thought that the dealer would know about any build issues but they say they don't, mmmm.

I will update you when I collect the car, hopefully next week.

I ordered my my S3 sportback Vorsprung in May (week 20), it was already scheduled to be built week 22/23. Audi emailed me last Friday that it was on the ferry and that it had arrived in the UK on Tuesday.

Like many others, I am concerned about what features will be missing and this is souring the excitement of a new very expensivecar. I would of thought that the dealer would know about any build issues but they say they don't, mmmm.

You must have got a order the dealer already has placed then to get it built so soon after placing the order?

I've got a S3 Saloon Vorsprung which should be built in week 29 (2 weeks time) after placing the order early March. From this forum and the salesman, the Vorsprung's have been getting delivered with everything on them - so I'd be shocked and disappointed if it was delivered with anything missing! Please report back though when you pick it up :)

Reactions: Jim_W

Collected my S3 Vorsprung up in March, everything was there nothing missing.

Reactions: tomascott and Jim_W