A small detail - visible insulation

AdamInKent

Reaction score
Hi all.

I did a pre-collection check on my car earlier. All looked good except one tiny detail, that I guess is by design but just thought I’d check. Looking at the holes through which the front seat belts emerge, I could see visible, light coloured, insulation material (which looks like it will soak up any liquids that I might be unlucky enough to spill on it). Does anyone else have this?

Ooh, are we these days allowed to 'collect in person' once again? Thought they were doing deliveries only (either back of truck or driver drives it down).

Ooh, are we these days allowed to 'collect in person' once again? Thought they were doing deliveries only (either back of truck or driver drives it down).
There was still no personal contact with the dealer. He opened the car from inside the dealership whilst I had a look at the car in the car park. I’m having to pay the balance in advance of collecting the car, which I understand will Just be an exchange of paperwork and keys.

Hi all.

I did a pre-collection check on my car earlier. All looked good except one tiny detail, that I guess is by design but just thought I’d check. Looking at the holes through which the front seat belts emerge, I could see visible, light coloured, insulation material (which looks like it will soak up any liquids that I might be unlucky enough to spill on it). Does anyone else have this?
Yeah I noticed this too on mine.

Reactions: AdamInKent
Hi all.

I've noticed this on mine too, not had any noticeable moisture etc.

How was the car generally?!?!?! - I know it's been a long wait :)

I've noticed this on mine too, not had any noticeable moisture etc.

How was the car generally?!?!?! - I know it's been a long wait :)
Thanks for checking AudiA3Newbie & Auzzam_CRD. Its good to know that its not a build fault. I guess the designers thought it well enough hidden not to matter. Or maybe it’s their way of showing us that they’ve put the insulation in ;-)

I didn’t get to spend any time enjoying the car - I was basically doing as much of a QA check as I could under the circumstances- so it’s still a little early to be thrilled with it. The things that jumped out at me were:
  • My MMI does have the third page and a Favourites icon in the main menu (as would be expected for a 2021 build).
  • It has two USB C ports (ditto).
  • I looked at it before it had been fully prepped for delivery and the thing that struck me was that there was no new car smell!
  • The optional 18“ S-Line alloys make it difficult to hide the balance weights. (I have three pairs on one of the wheels!)
  • It’s fitted with Bridgestones.
  • After all the talk in this forum about how massive the headlights are, they looked smaller in real life than I remembered! (I have the matrix lights, which might make a difference.)

Reactions: auzzam_crd
I’m having to pay the balance in advance of collecting the car, which I understand will Just be an exchange of paperwork and keys.
I don't understand this part. You had to pay to collect the car (delivering would be no charge?) or you had to pay the entire car/PCP/lease part prior to collection? Or did you mean just the deposit?

I don't understand this part. You had to pay to collect the car (delivering would be no charge?) or you had to pay the entire car/PCP/lease part prior to collection? Or did you mean just the deposit?
Hi KXL. I am buying the car outright, and I’m having to pay the full balance before I collect it. (Compared to the last time that I bought a car when I paid the balance on collection.)

Hi KXL. I am buying the car outright, and I’m having to pay the full balance before I collect it. (Compared to the last time that I bought a car when I paid the balance on collection.)
Ooh means you can do oh so many things to the car (remap, service not at Audi dealer, cosmetic changes, new rims if you wish the list goes one)

Thanks for checking AudiA3Newbie & Auzzam_CRD. Its good to know that its not a build fault. I guess the designers thought it well enough hidden not to matter. Or maybe it’s their way of showing us that they’ve put the insulation in ;-)

I didn’t get to spend any time enjoying the car - I was basically doing as much of a QA check as I could under the circumstances- so it’s still a little early to be thrilled with it. The things that jumped out at me were:
  • My MMI does have the third page and a Favourites icon in the main menu (as would be expected for a 2021 build).
  • It has two USB C ports (ditto).
  • I looked at it before it had been fully prepped for delivery and the thing that struck me was that there was no new car smell!
  • The optional 18“ S-Line alloys make it difficult to hide the balance weights. (I have three pairs on one of the wheels!)
  • It’s fitted with Bridgestones.
  • After all the talk in this forum about how massive the headlights are, they looked smaller in real life than I remembered! (I have the matrix lights, which might make a difference.)
also remember to check the passenger door bud - I thought my car was a one off, but a few owners have got in touch with it not closing easily (try it form the outside and inside)

also remember to check the passenger door bud - I thought my car was a one off, but a few owners have got in touch with it not closing easily (try it form the outside and inside)
Thanks. I’d made a note from one of your previous posts. Fortunately my doors all work fine :)

Last edited:
Reactions: auzzam_crd