MPG Bar - Green and Grey

Soapy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've figured out that I can have the MPG graph in the centre of the rev counter. Now it is there I have noticed that sometimes its grey and sometimes green.

Does anyone know what the colours mean, I've had a look through the manual but nothing jumped out at me.

Cheers

Hi all,

I've figured out that I can have the MPG graph in the centre of the rev counter. Now it is there I have noticed that sometimes its grey and sometimes green.

Does anyone know what the colours mean, I've had a look through the manual but nothing jumped out at me.

Cheers
From what I’ve noticed so far - green is when your foot is off the accelerator and is charging the battery with the additional energy while coasting or engine breaking. Grey is just standard mpg from engine is pulling the car.
Could be wrong but that’s what it seems like to me. The second I take foot off accelerator it moves to the right hand side and goes green.

Reactions: SillyGoose
Only the last bar goes green to indicate MHEV regen when coasting. The whole MPG indicator goes green when the "cylinder on demand" kicks in and the engine runs on 2 cylinders, i believe

Reactions: AdamInKent
Only the last bar goes green to indicate MHEV regen when coasting. The whole MPG indicator goes green when the "cylinder on demand" kicks in and the engine runs on 2 cylinders, i believe
That makes lot of sense, I have noticed it occasionally says 2-cylinder mode but only on particular displays on the virtual cockpit.

Cheers

That makes lot of sense, I have noticed it occasionally says 2-cylinder mode but only on particular displays on the virtual cockpit.

Cheers
Mine never says 2 cylinder mode. Am I missing something?

Mine never says 2 cylinder mode. Am I missing something?
Hmm, I really don't know. I have a 35 TFSI. Also, my first Audi so very much still getting to grips with things.

My Mrs has a Seat Ateca which also sometimes says 2-Cylinder mode.

Me neither. I’m wondering if it’s because I’ve always had the MPG display in the Rev counter, which removes the equivalent display from the centre section of the dash?

I tend to have the current MPG reading in the centre section of the dash. That view shows the message " 2 cylinder mode in operation" beneath the MPG display which turns green at the same time

I tend to have the current MPG reading in the centre section of the dash. That view shows the message " 2 cylinder mode in operation" beneath the MPG display which turns green at the same time
What drive mode do you use? And in what sort driving situation does it appear? e.g. on motorway/using eco mode etc.?

What drive mode do you use? And in what sort driving situation does it appear? e.g. on motorway/using eco mode etc.?

I've only had the car a couple of weeks and mostly had the drive mode in "Auto". The 2 cylinder mode doesn't seem to kick in very often, it seems to be when you're applying only the lightest of throttle and at a constant peddle pressure to maintain whatever speed you're doing. It would probably come in more often if you selected the drive mode "eco"

Reactions: AdamInKent and DreamInCode