Help: Oil temperature not showing??

rcnacura

US Spec 8V
Reaction score
I somehow have lost my oil temperature in the DIS. When I look into my obd11 I have the option selected in long coding and I believe the adaptations buy it refuses to show. Did the app one click options in obd11 too, no change.

Background, my phone completely died that had all my previous history from obd11. Then I couldn't log into the obd11 because of their Facebook stuff refused to work too, they transfered my account to new email, but that was a clean slate, so unfortunately I can't obtain and previous historical changes. Prior to this, I retrofitted footwell/door ambient lighting that is controlled through mmi - that is working.

Does anyone else know what I need to enable to get this working? I've searched with no luck either other than the normal long coding stuff. Does anything else need to be enabled of 5F or 17, 19 modules?

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This is what I used:
Select Control unit 17 (Dashboard)
Control unit Long Coding
Byte 10
Bit 1 Activate

Reactions: rcnacura
Question is, what was changed or happened on the car to stop it working, did you do any coding changes at all.

Question is, what was changed or happened on the car to stop it working, did you do any coding changes at all.
Yes, in 5f for the ambient lighting. But that shouldn't affect this as that is just the mmi, not the dis.

So dis stopped showing after the 5f code change?

So dis stopped showing after the 5f code change?
That's was the only change made. Not sure if any other modules affect this though. Thought temp was just passed to dis.