Headlight symbol not showing on the dashboard

samir2026

Reaction score
i am not sure if anyone asked the same question but let me ask that as I'm not aware of it yet.

Does anyone know in Audi a3 2016 what can cause the headlight symbol not being shown into the dashboard neither the side light nor headlight symbol is being shown. I only the full beam the blue headlight symbol i can see if the full beam is on but the other two are not shown. I wandering what can cause this.

Because even other car i checked has the symbol into their dashboard when the sidelights or headlight is on but not mine. I saw even into a ford 2012 so why mine does to have it.

thank you and i have attached my fuse box pic just in case something is missing from there.

Attachments

• A0BC1F6E-47AE-47ED-8975-4DF8F6193191_1_105_c.jpeg
    A0BC1F6E-47AE-47ED-8975-4DF8F6193191_1_105_c.jpeg
    285.4 KB · Views: 60
On my 2013 the internal indication that the sidelights or dipped headlights are on is at the light switch itself, where the symbols illuminate. Nothing shows on the dashboard itself, until main beam is selected at which point the the blue symbol appears on the dashboard. I'd guess your car is the same.

Reactions: Sibmets
Non Automatic headlights vehicle, so functions are as follows:

0 = off
1 o'clock = side lights
2 o'clock = dipped beams

You won't have anything in the dash to say which "lights" are on / which mode you are in but the related symbol on the switch will light up accordingly.