Questions regarding retrofitting Virtual Cockpit in pre-facelift A3.

GeneralA3

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have few questions in regards to retrofitting virtual cockpit I have MIB2

1. If you buy used cluster from eBay heard Audi needs to approve it in order to fit into a another car and recently been denying approval. Sometimes they pop up fairly cheap but don’t want to but a used paper weight if they not being approved.

2. Can the mileage be adapted to the cars actual mileage so they match. Seen eBay listings offering this.

3. How much of the dash is cut does it affect the structural integrity of the dash? How is it secured in so doesn’t fall out while driving or something.

Thanks!

This is going to be a hell of a (expensive) job. Things like ACC are not working out of the box and need multiple added/different modules.
Mileage can't be changed on used VC's. Only by dealerships that have a GENKO license. Otherwise you would need to have a new dash.

Also nice to take in consideration, you need a new steeringwheel to get all the functionallities working for your VC like 'View' and 'Back'

Reactions: GeneralA3
Hello everyone. I have few questions in regards to retrofitting virtual cockpit I have MIB2

1. If you buy used cluster from eBay heard Audi needs to approve it in order to fit into a another car and recently been denying approval. Sometimes they pop up fairly cheap but don’t want to but a used paper weight if they not being approved.

2. Can the mileage be adapted to the cars actual mileage so they match. Seen eBay listings offering this.

3. How much of the dash is cut does it affect the structural integrity of the dash? How is it secured in so doesn’t fall out while driving or something.

Thanks!
1. Correct. A used cockpit in to a facelift car should not be an issue but requires the authorisation process to be completed. All my requests for PFL cars have been denied so far.

2. milage can be matched, well I can do it :)

3. Custom mount together with OEM trim. If done correctly there will be no issues.

Reactions: GeneralA3
Thanks that is helpful information. Probably just avoid used clusters all together sometimes they pop up on fb marketplace for really cheap! and consider doing it all new if have the budget.

Personally I would only recommend new parts but unfortunately VW Group stuff is not cheap. With this retrofit however I would now only recommend a new / virgin cockpit on Audi MQB platform due to the recent security changes. Don’t feel bad tho, the new requires are gonna be placed on the other VAG brands very soon.

1. Correct. A used cockpit in to a facelift car should not be an issue but requires the authorisation process to be completed. All my requests for PFL cars have been denied so far.

2. milage can be matched, well I can do it :)

3. Custom mount together with OEM trim. If done correctly there will be no issues.

Just out of curiousity, what does the VAG dealer need to "approve"? The VC won't work standalone? It does need a VAS connection to the dealership to "activate" it of some sort?

VW Group is starting to crack down on unofficial service tool users. This authorisation process is one step in reducing official functionality as unauthorised users won’t be able to request said authorisation but legitimate users like myself can. VW Group are also monitoring used parts.

Reactions: AudiRace
VW Group is starting to crack down on unofficial service tool users. This authorisation process is one step in reducing official functionality as unauthorised users won’t be able to request said authorisation but legitimate users like myself can. VW Group are also monitoring used parts.
Hi
So, not possible to do VC retro on A3 2015 anymore?

Thanks