First look at RS3 in detail…

RS3 drift mode, coming to a ditch or Birmingham wall soon….

Externally it’s much improved over the standard range and S3, hopefully they’ll keep that wheel design for production.

Reactions: NevMan

Externally it’s much improved over the standard range and S3, hopefully they’ll keep that wheel design for production.

I can see the Instagram videos now…….

Then all the crashed RS3’s up for sale at a certain place in Huddersfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Terminator x, TYb and NevMan
Untitled

I wish they would stop showing video's of the car power sliding with tyres screeching ... I have no interest in that whatsoever !
I just want to hear the engine & exhaust soundtrack.

I am seriously interested in getting another RS3 BUT that HUGE front grill is now worrying me.
With the black pack surround it has too much black on the front end (green car pic).

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and NevMan
I wish they would stop showing video's of the car power sliding with tyres screeching ... I have no interest in that whatsoever !
I just want to hear the engine & exhaust soundtrack.

I am seriously interested in getting another RS3 BUT that HUGE front grill is now worrying me.
With the black pack surround it has too much black on the front end (green car pic).

Sorry, but based on those pictures it doesn’t look any better than the current A3/S3.

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and 8YARWY
Sorry, but based on those pictures it doesn’t look any better than the current A3/S3.

not disagreeing mate ... big draw for me though is that 5 pot sound again.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, NevMan and 8YARWY

Can’t see me bothering this time.

Happy with the one I have.

Although I said that about the PFL then the Golf 7.5R

• Haha
Reactions: Terminator x, NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Can’t see me bothering this time.

Happy with the one I have.

Although I said that about the PFL then the Golf 7.5R

I think I would feel quite relaxed if I had an 8v FL like yourself - i'd possibly try and wait out for a face lift.
BUT ... there is always the 'risk' that we may not see a face lift RS3 (unlikely I would hope) but it is a risk.
So that is why I am thinking get a pre-fl and then if a face lift does come along happy days.

Reactions: NevMan and 8YARWY
No sound in the world could make up for those looks

lol it will never win a looks competition but after owning an RS3 for 4 years I thought I wouldn’t miss the soundtrack ... but I do.

I’ve thought about a Porsche or TTRS but I’m just drawn to hatches so I’m pretty restricted. The 45s probably is king right now and I am enjoying it, but I don’t the feel the same way about it as I did my RS3 & that held my attention for 4 years which is staggering for me.

We’ll see, I’m not in any rush and many things would need to drop into place for me to change starting with liking the car in the flesh - inside & out. Then availability, then a sensible deal etc.

But the over ruling fa toe for me, as stated before, is enjoying these Petrol cars while we can ... & I want to own a great example once they really start to demise, so I have the option to hold onto it indefinitely.

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn, Chris4410 and 2 others
I would agree that the 5-Cylinder engine is probably the nicest sounding car you can buy for less than 70k, no four pot comes close in that regard.

The most interesting thing to me is that they haven't turned the wick up to beat the A45S in power terms - surely the 5-cylinder can reliably do 425+ bhp? It is 0.1 quicker to 62mph due to the torque, but even so 'Top Gear Top Trumps' says you want the highest BHP if you can get it.

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
lol it will never win a looks competition but after owning an RS3 for 4 years I thought I wouldn’t miss the soundtrack ... but I do.

I’ve thought about a Porsche or TTRS but I’m just drawn to hatches so I’m pretty restricted. The 45s probably is king right now and I am enjoying it, but I don’t the feel the same way about it as I did my RS3 & that held my attention for 4 years which is staggering for me.

We’ll see, I’m not in any rush and many things would need to drop into place for me to change starting with liking the car in the flesh - inside & out. Then availability, then a sensible deal etc.

But the over ruling fa toe for me, as stated before, is enjoying these Petrol cars while we can ... & I want to own a great example once they really start to demise, so I have the option to hold onto it indefinitely.

I‘d been surprised if the new RS3 sounds close to the current one, the EU emissions and sound suppression regulations make it impossible. Sure you can’t even Rev a current RS model above 3.5k rpm when it is stationary, you are electronically restricted from doing this.

Then will come the price, I suspect you could get in to something much more exotic for the money Audi will be looking for an RS3, and for me an A3 with a nice engine will not be worth what I suspect will be easily £60k before you add any options.

I‘d been surprised if the new RS3 sounds close to the current one, the EU emissions and sound suppression regulations make it impossible. Sure you can’t even Rev a current RS model above 3.5k rpm when it is stationary, you are electronically restricted from doing this.

Then will come the price, I suspect you could get in to something much more exotic for the money Audi will be looking for an RS3, and for me an A3 with a nice engine will not be worth what I suspect will be easily £60k before you add any options.

You say that but everything is going up in price ... have you ever specced up a Porsche lol ... I thought audi had had an extensive options list. Awesome levels of customisation. I’m sure I got a standard Boxter to just under £60k albeit with one of the fancy paint colours :)

As long as they retain value it’s all relative and RS cars certainly do.

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn and NevMan
You say that but everything is going up in price ... have you ever specced up a Porsche lol ... I thought audi had had an extensive options list. Awesome levels of customisation. I’m sure I got a standard Boxter to just under £60k albeit with one of the fancy paint colours :)

As long as they retain value it’s all relative and RS cars certainly do.

That’s fair enough, I’m just saying if I buy a car that costs over £60k I have to feel like I’m sitting in a £60k car.

Audi would have to refrain from using a lot of the interior parts from an A3, an RS model should not have the ”feel” of the lowest model it is based upon.

Audi rarely screw up an RS model, let’s just hope that’s the case this time as well.

When you sit in a Porsche you feel like you are sitting in a special car, with a quality interior that reflects the price you paid for it. Sure my Boxster T shares some interiors parts, but they are from a 911 or a GT3, but it also has unique interior options only available to the T models.

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
That’s fair enough, I’m just saying if I buy a car that costs over £60k I have to feel like I’m sitting in a £60k car.

Audi would have to refrain from using a lot of the interior parts from an A3, an RS model should not have the ”feel” of the lowest model it is based upon.

Audi rarely screw up an RS model, let’s just hope that’s the case this time as well.

When you sit in a Porsche you feel like you are sitting in a special car, with a quality interior that reflects the price you paid for it. Sure my Boxster T shares some interiors parts, but they are from a 911 or a GT3, but it also has unique interior options only available to the T models.
Some of the Bentleys share huge amount of parts with the A3 8V range including steering wheel, buttons etc lol

Some of the Bentleys share huge amount of parts with the A3 8V range including steering wheel, buttons etc lol

A steering wheel button is not what I would consider a major piece of interior trim, I would be fairly confident in saying Bentley would not be selling a lot of cars it their interiors where similar to an Audi A3.

A steering wheel button is not what I would consider a major piece of interior trim, I would be fairly confident in saying Bentley would not be selling a lot of cars it their interiors where similar to an Audi A3.
I never said they were similar, I said they share the same hardware.

I never said they were similar, I said they share the same hardware.

You said they shared a ”huge” amount of parts, if they shared a huge amount of interior parts they would look pretty similar inside.

Ive been in a Bentley recently, and I can confirm they look or feel nothing like the interior of an A3.

And the 8V switch gear and plastic were actually very good quality, its the 8Y which are using the same plastics as Fisher price toys.

Last edited:
I can see the Instagram videos now…….

Then all the crashed RS3’s up for sale at a certain place in Huddersfield

SSC by any chance ?

Reactions: Bells, toooldforboyracing and NevMan
The 8V and 8Y switch gear is the same lol...
You said they shared a ”huge” amount of parts, if they shared a huge amount of interior parts they would look pretty similar inside.

Ive been in a Bentley recently, and I can confirm they look or feel nothing like the interior of an A3.

And the 8V switch gear and plastic were actually very good quality, its the 8Y which are using the same plastics as Fisher price toys.

Reactions: NevMan and Moots
That big draw ie the 5 cylinders mate will be even more muted than the version in the 8v RS3 fl opf but Audi will pipe it into the cabin for ya... the front is even more out of proportion than in the standard car "Q8" So same power....you don't need anymore than 400 bhp? they've fired in the G8R rear diff as a new gizmo to compete with the A45...rear bumper is an improvement over the S3//A3's l like it mainly because it incorporates the exhaust tips
No special seats
No carbon to replace the cheap black plastic...8Y RS3s Achilles heel.. £60K plus no discount ergo

Reactions: pburv, NevMan and Snake Pliskin
That big draw ie the 5 cylinders mate will be even more muted than the version in the 8v RS3 fl opf but Audi will pipe it into the cabin for ya... the front is even more out of proportion than in the standard car "Q8" So same power....you don't need anymore than 400 bhp? they've fired in the G8R rear diff as a new gizmo to compete with the A45...rear bumper is an improvement over the S3//A3's l like it mainly because it incorporates the exhaust tips
No special seats
No carbon to replace the cheap black plastic...8Y RS3s Achilles heel.. £60K plus no discount ergo

Oh a lot of things will need to fall into place for me to change mate. I was spoiled with the sound of my pre-fl so I know it will be nothing like that. But the 45 really is a hoover until you hit 3,500rpm (then it sounds good) but it’s no 5 cylinder soundtrack.

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn, NevMan and 1 other person
No special seats
Who said there is no special seats, who said there is no carbon?? Have you listened to the videos of the new one? Sounds fine to me. Especially with the filters etc..even the new M3 is a different animal sound wise compared to its predecessor.

The steering wheel on the reveal/press cars isn’t the one it was officially launch with. Let’s just wait and see what’s on the configurator…

Last edited:
Who said there is no special seats, who said there is no carbon?? Have you listened to the videos of the new one? Sounds fine to me. Especially with the filters etc..even the new M3 is a different animal sound wise compared to its predecessor.

The steering wheel on the reveal/press cars isn’t the one it was officially launch with. Let’s just wait and see what’s on the configurator…
The engine/exhaust will be more toned down over the last 8v FL opf car due to the new emission laws that's who says it...there won't be any carbon fiber anywhere on the interior they'll save options like this for facelift their won't be any special seats on the 8Y RS3 because there never has been l mentioned the seats because another member on another thread said there might be The new M3 is a good bit different from the previous car in every way and for the better and not comparable to an A3 model variant
Why be so defensive of the 8Y RS3 ? It seems to me members are only allowed an opinion on the 8Y S3/RS3 if they're blowing smoke up it's Ars€

Reactions: pburv and NevMan
The engine/exhaust will be more toned down over the last 8v FL opf car due to the new emission laws that's who says it...there won't be any carbon fiber anywhere on the interior they'll save options like this for facelift their won't be any special seats on the 8Y RS3 because there never has been l mentioned the seats because another member on another thread said there might be The new M3 is a good bit different from the previous car in every way and for the better and not comparable to an A3 model variant
Why be so defensive of the 8Y RS3 ? It seems to me members are only allowed an opinion on the 8Y S3/RS3 if they're blowing smoke up it's Ars€

I’m certainly not as excited as I was in 2015 when the last RS3 was launched.

Hopefully the new car will capture some of that magic though.

The soundtrack won’t be as good, but I’m confident it will be better than the 45 and let’s be honest, time is limited with EV’s being pushed so hard. So all we can do is grab the best of what is available atm.

Reactions: pburv, AdamInKent, NevMan and 1 other person
I’m certainly not as excited as I was in 2015 when the last RS3 was launched.

Hopefully the new car will capture some of that magic though.

The soundtrack won’t be as good, but I’m confident it will be better than the 45 and let’s be honest, time is limited with EV’s being pushed so hard. So all we can do is grab the best of what is available atm.
I'll no doubt do a drive in one myself that's if Jordan is still at Audi....main gripe with this car is its asking price in comparison to materials used on the interior as l won't be keeping the TTS long so..I'll wait til the hype has subsided

I'll no doubt do a drive in one myself that's if Jordan is still at Audi....main gripe with this car is its asking price in comparison to materials used on the interior as l won't be keeping the TTS long so..I'll wait til the hype has subsided

yeah I’ll wait till the dealer has a demo and then gauge my reaction / feelings to the car.

Reactions: pburv
I see a facelift A45 is already doing the rounds in camo. Wonder if the RS3 will arrive before that does. Very strange the RS3 has taken so long. I get it if there were vast changes (mild hybrid etc) but essentially the 8Y shell with beefed up arches and some trick diff….oversimplification I know, but you get what I mean…

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn, auzzam_crd and 1 other person
Are you not enjoying the TTS Jassy?

Reactions: Jassyo06
I see a facelift A45 is already doing the rounds in camo. Wonder if the RS3 will arrive before that does. Very strange the RS3 has taken so long. I get it if there were vast changes (mild hybrid etc) but essentially the 8Y shell with beefed up arches and some trick diff….oversimplification I know, but you get what I mean…

Yeah Merc have pitched the timing of the A45 perfectly. It’s a stunning car but I can’t see me having another. I think it’s a tick in a box and this was the best 45 yet to do that. But even in a toned down state a 5 cylinder is gonna trump a 4 for sound any day of the week.

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn and NevMan
Are you not enjoying the TTS Jassy?
Enjoy driving it point to point its silly quick
Enjoy the interior very much
Not sold at all on ìts ergonomics and even more so it's looks and colour

• Sad
Reactions: Bells, pburv and Snake Pliskin

shame that mate ... I really thought you’d like it a lot.

But it’s only a car ... so onwards & upwards to the next one lol.

I don’t think you’ll lose too much on it. I’m shocked what mine is worth 15 months on. Even we buy any car are quoting 90% of what I paid so cars are holding their value atm.

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and NevMan

I don’t think you’ll lose too much on it. I’m shocked what mine is worth 15 months on. Even we buy any car are quoting 90% of what I paid so cars are holding their value atm.
Cars are definitely holding their value atm. WBAC quoting 100% of what I paid for it which is ridiculous a year on. Wonder how long this inflated market can last

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv and NevMan
That’s a shame you’re not quite gelling with it.

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Cars are definitely holding their value atm. WBAC quoting 100% of what I paid for it which is ridiculous a year on. Wonder how long this inflated market can last

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
The used market is going up if anything, some of the cars I have been looking at have inflated c5% in 3 months.

Reduced output, poor offerings and uncertainty all driving it.

A VAG dealer quoted me £2000 more than WBAC and WBAC would be the last place on the planet I'd go to sell my car mate but used prices are all relevant one of the guys l work with just snapped up a well optioned Golf 8 GTI for £34k ex demo with 5k on the clock £39k car its really nice apart from the seat upholstery which looks cheap,l should have jumped at the G8R l saw a few weeks back nice spec and white is low maintenance getting fed up with the detailing malarkey ..here are a few photos of my works colleagues car its better looking than the 8Y in my opinion

Attachments

• 20210622_144739.jpg
    20210622_144739.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 104
  • 20210622_144750.jpg
    20210622_144750.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 97
  • 20210622_144825.jpg
    20210622_144825.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 103
Reactions: pburv, BarryG79, NevMan and 2 others