rough idle after intake and catch can install

Farmor00

Reaction score
Drives just fine its just the idle. Checked all vacuum lines and plugged the intake manifold. Maybe catch can only goes one way and I routed it the wrong way around?

Attachments

• image0 (5).jpg
    image0 (5).jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 88
Maf plugged in all okay ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Farmor00
Talk to @Asim1 as he's just done a similar install
3ababb90c526efb4d69851234d6e1fef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
based on this picture maybe my catch can in plugged in the wrong way? is that even a thing can it not be plugged in either way? hmm

Check the intake tip on the turbo it’s on properly could be a boost leak ?

Your catch can in piped in the wrong way round, inlet is left hand side and outlet is right hand side. Also Asim appears to be venting to atmosphere, which you don’t want to do running on a standard Ecu unless mapped for it.

Also check your hockey puck is the right way round as it’s basically a none return valve.

Check where you’ve connected your pipe into the crankcase breather as these plastic elbows are prone to break with the slightest touch.

Reactions: Farmor00
Your catch can in piped in the wrong way round, inlet is left hand side and outlet is right hand side. Also Asim appears to be venting to atmosphere, which you don’t want to do running on a standard Ecu unless mapped for it.

Also check your hockey puck is the right way round as it’s basically a none return valve.

Check where you’ve connected your pipe into the crankcase breather as these plastic elbows are prone to break with the slightest touch.

That was a pic I sent to mph before fitting it all together to show the pipes. It all connected now however. New braided fuel lines on tomorow. Adapters should be coming for my pirsche twists in the morning. And hopefully be able to take the car for a drive for the 1st time this year

Just need a better way to connect the catch can yo the car

Attachments

• 16255079723273260044507655441600.jpg
    16255079723273260044507655441600.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 74