2017 a3 rear pads

dallo

Reaction score
can i use my old vcds hex can cable on my 2017 a3.ross tech says linited use but i only want to release the epb.

Yes you can as I use to have the older HEX+CAN but now have HEX-V2, used both on my MY2017 S3.

The only differences I noted are the older version is x3 to x4 slower when scanning/programming and you don't get full fault descriptions (missing granular detail such as exact actuator at fault) but still get all the error info you require. Other than this everything worked fine for me SRI, basic, adaption, service settings etc. I covered most of the cost to upgrade selling my old HEX-CAN and opted for the HEX-V2 unlimited licenses as the cost difference wasn't much and thinking long term should I upgrade again to a newer tool, when they design one, having unlimited will be much more attractive for buyers ;)

Yes you can as I use to have the older HEX+CAN but now have HEX-V2, used both on my MY2017 S3.

The only differences I noted are the older version is x3 to x4 slower when scanning/programming and you don't get full fault descriptions (missing granular detail such as exact actuator at fault) but still get all the error info you require. Other than this everything worked fine for me SRI, basic, adaption, service settings etc. I covered most of the cost to upgrade selling my old HEX-CAN and opted for the HEX-V2 unlimited licenses as the cost difference wasn't much and thinking long term should I upgrade again to a newer tool, when they design one, having unlimited will be much more attractive for buyers ;)
Thanks for the reply saved me buying a new one to change the rear pads