Debating A6 Avant BiTdi (4G) or a A7 BiTdi (4G8)

Dan-1981

Reaction score
Afternoon,

So I'm returning to the fold post an affair with an E86 Z4M for weekends and a Mk6.5 GTD for the 480 mile weekly commute. I have 11 more journeys of this type, then after Jan next year I will be pootaling around town (S7 or S6...)

I have a budget of £22k, don't really want to go up to £25k. I think I can live with a BiTdi for fuel consumption, not sure I can stomach a S7 or S6. The Z4M did about 280m per tank, regardless (Damn that GrupeM intake and exhaust!) I'm quite taken with the BiTdi performance, reputation and the active exhaust.

Has anyone on here Moved to or from a A7 to an A6 or teh other way around? I feel as though the A7 has more "toys" on it that the A6, but I like the look of teh Avant and who doesn't love a fast estate.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

For both I would look for a facelift with tech pack in either a6 or 7. In the later facelift a6 things like memory seats and folding mirrors were standard so kit difference was minimal.
a7 sline came with the matrix headlights as standard but rest was fairly similar spec to a6.
if budget is a bit tight why not consider the 272 over the bitdi. Pace wasn’t hugely different. I had the 272 and my mate had the bitdi and wasn’t a huge difference between them in standard form till you got to silly 3 figures speeds.

Reactions: Dan-1981
For both I would look for a facelift with tech pack in either a6 or 7. In the later facelift a6 things like memory seats and folding mirrors were standard so kit difference was minimal.
a7 sline came with the matrix headlights as standard but rest was fairly similar spec to a6.
if budget is a bit tight why not consider the 272 over the bitdi. Pace wasn’t hugely different. I had the 272 and my mate had the bitdi and wasn’t a huge difference between them in standard form till you got to silly 3 figures speeds.
I didn't think about the 272 / single Turbo. part of my Man math of net getting an S6/7 is teh Kufatec exhaust controller only works on the BiTdi. Having gotten used to teh exhaust sound of the Z4M or the Cabin generator in teh GTD I'd like to retain that. But I think £22k is at the lower end of a 2015 (Is that facelift pre 2018?)

I didn't think about the 272 / single Turbo. part of my Man math of net getting an S6/7 is teh Kufatec exhaust controller only works on the BiTdi. Having gotten used to teh exhaust sound of the Z4M or the Cabin generator in teh GTD I'd like to retain that. But I think £22k is at the lower end of a 2015 (Is that facelift pre 2018?)
Yeah you don’t get the exhaust sound generator in the 272. Late 2014 was the facelift in the 4g. I had 3 4g a6’s of varying spec/engines. If I was you I would look for a 2016 ish car. There were software problems with memory seats and folding mirrors with certain spec cars. If it was my money I will try and find a black edition with tech pack as a bare minimal. That will give you enough toys.
Late 2016 cars with tech pack can get CarPlay and android auto activated as well so you don’t have to pay silly money for map updates.