1.6 2009 uphill

mjj

Reaction score
Hi,

i am about to purchase an a3, wanted one since i was a teenager,

i have found seemingly one in a very good condition, well maintained, but on a test drive, max speed uphill was about 50km/h on 3rd speed, is this normal? I dont completely mind,but I want to be sure, there is no problem with the engine, the hill was like middle class difficult

I was told this is a simple petrol engine that tends to last, with just standard maintanance, budget is important, but reliability also, I have heard other motors breaks more easily, is this true?

the engine overally feels a bit dull, but I dont mind that, need to take my kid to kindergarten, sometimes take myself on a highway, no sport racing

any advice much appreciated

mj

Last edited:
Whats the mileage, 1.6 not overly good power plant on flat goes ok but hills require just a bit more. Maybe a remap if you decide to get it

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If its a 1.6 09, its a tdi then, which is actually a nice engine, it should get more than 50kms up a hill, get it diagnostically checked for errors as it maybe in limp mode, just to be sure its not had any cluster lights taped over, assuming when key is put in, the cluster lights up everything as it should?

If its a 1.6 09, its a tdi then, which is actually a nice engine, it should get more than 50kms up a hill, get it diagnostically checked for errors as it maybe in limp mode, just to be sure its not had any cluster lights taped over, assuming when key is put in, the cluster lights up everything as it should?

Not necessarily. There was a 1.6 petrol option.

This is a 1 owner car.
a55555ddab613ee25f5c1c6722d0e92d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NHN
Jees thought they killed the 1.6fsi years before, I stand corrected.

I've never seen a 1.6 fsi past 06 tbh, I'm genuinely surprised given they brought out the 1.4 tfsi, why would they keep the 1.6.

Whats the mileage, 1.6 not overly good power plant on flat goes ok but hills require just a bit more. Maybe a remap if you decide to get it

around ~137k, what kind of remap would you suggest?

anybody else owning/ owned this one and has an opinion?.)

I would get a 50/50 remap nowt too aggressive due to the high milage. But somebody else might be able to come up with something else. Its definitely lacking power i drove one wasn't keen well underpowered and that was a 1.6 diesel

thanks mates, it is a patrol, looks to be in great condition, I 'll definitely check the remap options, does this not screw the reliability of the car a bit?

it goes to inspection on monday, so I 'll see what the mechanic is going to say on the topic

Jees thought they killed the 1.6fsi years before, I stand corrected.

I've never seen a 1.6 fsi past 06 tbh, I'm genuinely surprised given they brought out the 1.4 tfsi, why would they keep the 1.6.
They killed the FSI version yes but they kept the 1.6 MPI (102HP) non direct injection engine for a bit longer