Dynamic rear lights retrofit issue

Sve

Reaction score
Hey all, I bought the kufatec cable kit for retrofitting the dynamic tail lights and connected everything as per their instructions (though the cables they provided are not long enough).
Unfortunately, lights work fine only when the engine is off. When I start the engine they go out of sync in a very unpleasant way. For instance - left out rear is dynamic, inner is not. Right rear is not dynamic at all for a couple of blinks, then it goes semi-dynamic for 2-3 blinks, but only the inner part, and comes back as non-dynamic.
Tried contacting them, but they never responded. Thing is that, when I turn off the engine and put hazards on - they seem to be fine. Can anyone shed some light as I struggled last night for more than 3 hours to dismantle the boot and lay the cables and the results came out really dissatisfying, not to mention the price I paid for the lights and cables....

There looms are unreliable at times, but fact they blink on hazard ok would suggest somethings correct, but kufatec support is pretty poor tbh.

Do all other lights work correctly?

This could be a coding issue. Were any coding instructions/steps included as part of the kit?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sve
There looms are unreliable at times, but fact they blink on hazard ok would suggest somethings correct, but kufatec support is pretty poor tbh.

Do all other lights work correctly?

I was after the adapters from carat-garage - sent them 4 mails, messaged them on facebook, called them around 10 times to check whether will they restock the adapters, but they haven't replied. I then bought the kufatec looms and literally at the exact time DHL delivered the looms from kufatec, carat-garage replied to my mail that they've restocked the adapters....
Kufatec sent a dongle with the looms, I've done everything correctly - connected the cables then turned the ignition, put the dongle, waited until it flashed green and then blinkers turned dynamic. However, when I start the engine they go out of sync. Moreover, my headliner LEDs - front & back started dim-out-in when I close any door. They work fine, but when I close a door, they shut-off for a sec, then come on again and dim-out when I start driving. Even when the engine is off, when I close the door, they flash for a second and then dim-out after I lock the car. That only happens at the moment a door is closed. Otherwise all alright with them. So far... Stop lights work ok as well.