Reviews

@Snake Pliskin got a test drive Monday, you been out in one yet?

TX.
I've not even seen one first hand :tearsofjoy:
My Dealer has not had any RS3's at all - mine could be the first one.
I could travel further afield to track one down, but I'm pretty sold based on the reviews so far and it would be cool to see / drive the car for the first time and it be my car.
Plus with my car built and in transit the wait shouldn't be long now (possibly early January).

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06, 8YARWY and 1 other person
OMG those alloys ....

Reactions: garethdj and Waq1
nooooo lol ... they look terrible :tearsofjoy:
against that paint anyway
Is this more your thing?
2A3DB035 E4D3 48FE 85CE 2028EFCFCF18

Reactions: K96, Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Visually the Taycan does look a nice car (inside & out) BUT ...
a) its massive
b) have you priced on up as they are mega bucks
c) its electric
l have driven the Taycan 4s it was a heavily optioned model.....the interior build is just unbelievable as soon you hold that steering wheel you feel your in really something special...Blows any Audi out of the water it had the 4 or 5 screens on the dash one on the passenger side......somber and dark interior even with a glass roof but l suppose to can opt for lighter leather....leather is everywhere.....it's a pain in the **** to get in and out of the A/B pillar column is in line with your shoulder so you have to pull yourself forward and up to get out and semi fall into the seat to avoid hitting your back off this pillar.....to drive it's just like l suppose an electric train.....that's the feeling l got......seren and soul less .....l didn't like driving it at all and if you don't like driving a TAYCAN 4s you'll never like any electric car

Last edited:
Reactions: FBF01 and Snake Pliskin
That car has winter tyres fitted to as well

I’m pretty sure that this is a square setup judging by the tuck of the front wheels compared to normal. So must just be a winter setup so they can have the same width tyres all round I’d assume. With those winter tyres fitted as you’ve pointed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
I’m pretty sure that this is a square setup judging by the tuck of the front wheels compared to normal. So must just be a winter setup so they can have the same width tyres all round I’d assume. With those winter tyres fitted as you’ve pointed out.

Hence the silver alloys eh...???

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Daggerit
Lol never thought a set of alloys would divide opinion.

I think it just goes to show how paint colour can have a dramatic effect on the choice of alloys ... as they look good on the black car but lousy on the other

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Daggerit
My first RS Treat to myself ....red contrast stitched as well lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211215-202811_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211215-202811_Samsung Internet.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Keano04 and 8YARWY

Get a s h I T load and hang them around the interior.

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and NevMan

looks cool & serves as reminder of what the interior could have been lol ;)

It is smart though like that :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jassyo06
Don't agree.
Not a big fan of black alloys despite having them on both family cars atm and have carbon RS3 ordered.

I think they need to be selected with a compatible exterior paint colour

Reactions: Jassyo06
Don't agree.
Not a big fan of black alloys despite having them on both family cars atm and have carbon RS3 ordered.
I'm not a big fan of black wheels either, I always think a silver wheel looks a larger diameter than it's black equivalent, but due to Audi UK 'design team' at work there are no other options on the Vorsprung, and those silly graphics on the wheels dont help either

I'm not a big fan of black wheels either, I always think a silver wheel looks a larger diameter than it's black equivalent, but due to Audi UK 'design team' at work there are no other options on the Vorsprung, and those silly graphics on the wheels dont help either
I've ordered a standard spec RS3 - not a fan of black wheels but also don't like how the silver ones look, so i'm opting for the middle option and power coating them in anthracite.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-25 at 15.55.32.PNG
    Screenshot 2021-11-25 at 15.55.32.PNG
    394.7 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: Mike.46
But that's not a UK spec standard car, I take it you are not in the UK?
It was just a quick mockup, but yes it's a UK spec car. I am also having the chrome bits wrapped in black and adding the spoiler myself

Reactions: Add_Profile
I've ordered a standard spec RS3 - not a fan of black wheels but also don't like how the silver ones look, so i'm opting for the middle option and power coating them in anthracite.
Have you actually seen these wheels in real life? They are mostly light grey, rather than silver.
It obviously depends what colour of car you have picked and what effect you are going for.
I saw them yesterday on a LE SB in Daytona (on a grey day) and they did not really stand out at all.
I have gone for a black car in the expectation that they will stand out more with greater contrast.

Have you actually seen these wheels in real life? They are mostly light grey, rather than silver.
It obviously depends what colour of car you have picked and what effect you are going for.
I saw them yesterday on a LE SB in Daytona (on a grey day) and they did not really stand out at all.
I have gone for a black car in the expectation that they will stand out more with greater contrast.
I'm surprised by that as on the Turbo Blue car in my local the standard wheels look really bright compared to the rest of the car. Especially with a large amount of them being diamond cut too.

Don't get me wrong, whilst I have planned the mods I want to do, there's every chance I will change my mind once I see my car in the flesh. I've ordered Daytona Grey (couldn't get my wife to agree to the green :p), so I expect i'll be going for a stealth look.

I am however part of the Carcalendar.co.uk team and expect i'll be wrapping it within a few months in a similar style to our grey Cayman :)

Attachments

• 180882616_2902565206647295_8684366653985156830_n.jpeg
    180882616_2902565206647295_8684366653985156830_n.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: Daggerit
I'm surprised by that as on the Turbo Blue car in my local the standard wheels look really bright compared to the rest of the car. Especially with a large amount of them being diamond cut too.
I think it really depends on where you see them and the lighting. I was outside, on an overcast, grey day. Inside, particularly in a showroom, would look totally different. The car colour also has a big impact on how they look. Also, it is only the small Vs at the outer edge that are diamond cut, all the rest is light grey.

I think it really depends on where you see them and the lighting. I was outside, on an overcast, grey day. Inside, particularly in a showroom, would look totally different. The car colour also has a big impact on how they look. Also, it is only the small Vs at the outer edge that are diamond cut, all the rest is light grey.
I saw them on a bit of an overcast day while I was driving the thing for a few hours. I thought that the spokes had some diamond cutting on them as well, but must've just assumed that because the colour is quite close. Unfortunately not a fan of them and really think they would be the centre of attention on my daytona car with everything else being black!

Reactions: J.Smith
I saw them on a bit of an overcast day while I was driving the thing for a few hours. I thought that the spokes had some diamond cutting on them as well, but must've just assumed that because the colour is quite close. Unfortunately not a fan of them and really think they would be the centre of attention on my daytona car with everything else being black!
That's also my thoughts/concerns, I don't want them to stand out too much. If I'm getting a grey car and removing all the other chrome bits, I might as well commit to it being full stealth...

That's also my thoughts/concerns, I don't want them to stand out too much. If I'm getting a grey car and removing all the other chrome bits, I might as well commit to it being full stealth...
Fair enough, its all about the overall look you want to create. I quite like the black/silver/grey contrast.

Fair enough, its all about the overall look you want to create. I quite like the black/silver/grey contrast.
I will definitely be reserving full judgement until I see it in the flesh - it's very hard to gauge how it looks from the Audi configurator. At first I didn't like the standard wheels at all, but having seen them in some YT videos, they've really grown on me.

Reactions: 3vans
I will definitely be reserving full judgement until I see it in the flesh - it's very hard to gauge how it looks from the Audi configurator. At first I didn't like the standard wheels at all, but having seen them in some YT videos, they've really grown on me.
Yes, me too, but they will be a pain to keep clean.

Reactions: 3vans, Mike.46 and J.Smith
Yes, me too, but they will be a pain to keep clean.
Just dilute bilt hamber wheel cleaner ....and use a small detailing brush spray on agitate rinse...4 wheels done in 10 mins

Reactions: Mike.46 and Snake Pliskin