A3 Knocking/clicking when slow steering

Murray1538

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope you can shed a bit of light on an issue I'm having with my Audi A3. Car is an 18 plate and I've owned it for roughly 8 weeks now.

When slow steering such as reversing around a corner or doing a 3 point turn there is a knocking/clicking noise coming from the front of the car.

The noise is intermittent, sometimes there, sometimes not, sometimes quiet, sometimes very noticeable. Have tried and failed to figure out what conditions cause the noise.

Have been into the dealership twice, the first with no diagnosis as the mechanics could not recreate the noise, and the second time a "possible diagnosis" of the top strut mount which they then replaced. However upon collecting the car post repair the noise is still occurring.

Has anyone had the same issue?
Surely can't be anything major if the mechanics can't find anything obvious but it is very annoying!

Cheers,

Murray

My guess would be steering and/or suspension bushes.
Hi All

I have the same issue on my A3 8V 1.0 TFSI, 6,000km on counter. Car was sent to dealer, they lubricated the bushes, and noise disappeared. But after 2 weeks, noise came back .I will need to drop the car again this week. I have requested them to replace all suspected parts, as the car is almost new and covered under warranty. I will keep you guys posted.