Manual to dsg swap

spirostempos3

Reaction score
Hello! I want to swap my s3 8p f/l from manual to dsg. Does anyone know any dealer who can supply me with all the parts I need for a complete swap? I prefer dq250 and I prefer the supplier to be from a Europe country.
thank you all for your help !
Spiros

Reactions: Mr_Dude
Buy a dsg car, probably cheaper & much less hassle.

Reactions: Garrett 69, Southall87 and Alex.S3
There is several places in the U.K. that proved this service now. Connect to the TFSI group on Facebook and ask there - it seems to be more of a common conversion, especially for the pre-fl as they were all manual.

The best solution is to try and get all the parts from a car that is being broken. I swapped the manual transmission on my 1.8t mk1 TT for a DQ250 DSG from a 2012 TTS. The ggearbox was still mounted to the engine in the car so everything I wanted was available from one place. The gearbox with rear haldex transfer box, DMF, starter motor, some of the hoses for the gearbox cooler, the gear selector, brackets and bolts as some are different between the the manual and DSG box. You may need a driveshaft and the connectors and wiring for the selector and gearbox.

Reactions: Mr_Dude
The best solution is to try and get all the parts from a car that is being broken. I swapped the manual transmission on my 1.8t mk1 TT for a DQ250 DSG from a 2012 TTS. The ggearbox was still mounted to the engine in the car so everything I wanted was available from one place. The gearbox with rear haldex transfer box, DMF, starter motor, some of the hoses for the gearbox cooler, the gear selector, brackets and bolts as some are different between the the manual and DSG box. You may need a driveshaft and the connectors and wiring for the selector and gearbox.
Would you be able to share some info on your dsg swap on the mk1 TT?

I am looking to do a dsg conversion on mine but struggling to find anyone who has done it to a TT bam to pick their brains

Would you be able to share some info on your dsg swap on the mk1 TT?

I am looking to do a dsg conversion on mine but struggling to find anyone who has done it to a TT bam to pick their brains
If you click on the link in my signature it will take you to a build thread for my car. There is loads of info in there. I have a stand alone ECU which makes life easier as you will have some small issues with things like the speedo and reversing lights . Also paddles on the steering wheel are easier to sort than when using the stock ME7.5 ECU.

If you click on the link in my signature it will take you to a build thread for my car. There is loads of info in there. I have a stand alone ECU which makes life easier as you will have some small issues with things like the speedo and reversing lights . Also paddles on the steering wheel are easier to sort than when using the stock ME7.5 ECU.

Brillant thanks buddy! very informative and has given me a clear direction, just one more thing did you carry out the conversion yourself or did you take it somewhere?

Brillant thanks buddy! very informative and has given me a clear direction, just one more thing did you carry out the conversion yourself or did you take it somewhere?
I have done all the work on the car myself except the TVS gearbox remap which was at Awesome GTI .