8V vents to 8P

millsy75

Reaction score
Has anyone done this on here? Does any vent model work (with modification) or does it have to be a specific 8V air vent?

Has everybody moved over to Facebook groups now? This forum doesn't seem to be very active anymore :'(

Yeah they are plug and play, same size and fit

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

Has anyone done this on here? Does any vent model work (with modification) or does it have to be a specific 8V air vent?

Has everybody moved over to Facebook groups now? This forum doesn't seem to be very active anymore :'(

Nope, everyone is still here when needed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: George Kost
Take the rubber trim off inside of vent and they are.

I googled a video for you:::

Take the rubber trim off inside of vent and they are.

I googled a video for you:::

I hadn't seen that video before, he's brutal. I won't be hacking my dash up I will trim the vents. It's helpful and all but doesn't answer my question is every 8V vent model the same? Not sure if I should be only buying a specific part number.

I hadn't seen that video before, he's brutal. I won't be hacking my dash up I will trim the vents. It's helpful and all but doesn't answer my question is every 8V vent model the same? Not sure if I should be only buying a specific part number.

There all the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: millsy75
They are all the same. It’s not a straight plug & play. You need to cut back your dash as the vid above suggests. The 8V vents are slightly wider so there will be a lip where it fits into your dash which you won’t get with the 8P vents. If you ever need to refit the 8P vents they’ll need to be glued in.

Reactions: ahtcap and millsy75