Launch control

Reaction score
64 plate S3 with DSG

Was launch control not standard on these cars? I don’t think I have it …. (Sniffs back the tears)

Yes standard

If you have Hold Assist (the extra button near handbrake button) you need to switch that off as well as ESC to Sport & wheels straight.

Is your Haldex working properly?

What is the car doing to make you feel you don’t have it?

Last edited:
So, I put the car into dynamic, handbrake off, hold the esc until it says ESC OFF, wheels straight. Foot on brake. And when I touch the throttle it tries to drive

I was a bit tentative with the throttle if I’m honest as it felt like the car was straining on the brakes!

Well that’s that problem solved- I was basically being a wuss. All good!
I haven’t let it go though as need to find somewhere decent to do it lol

Reactions: JohnM100
Once it’s tee’d up that far, it will increment the internal launch control counter, even if you back out of releasing it.

VCDS can read the counter.

I was a bit tentative with the throttle if I’m honest as it felt like the car was straining on the brakes!

BTW if you set it up correctly the car will rev freely to about 4000rpm and sit there at 4000ish, even with the pedal to the floor, if you feel the car pull at all it’s not in launch mode. It should feel like you’re revving it in neutral.
What usually catches people out is not pushing the brake pedal hard enough when setting up launch.

Basically it’s: switch to Dynamic Mode, steering wheel straight, ESP off, handbrake off, left foot firmly on brake pedal, accelerator firmly planted to carpet, release left foot from brake, enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk