S3 clutch pedal gone to the floor

CraigM

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
I got in my 2014 manual S3 this morning and put my foot on the clutch pedal ready to start it and the pedal shot to the floor and stayed there. I can pull it back up by hand, but as soon as it's pushed again it shoots straight to the floor again. I can't see anything obvious - was expecting to see a collection of broken plastic bits in the footwell, but there's nothing. Has anyone had anything like this happen on theirs, or have a diagram showing how the clutch pedal assembly should look like?

I've attached a few terrible pics! Grateful for any help

IMG 7160
IMG 7165
IMG 7162
IMG 7166

could be the master cylinder as per this video. I know it's older but looks like the same problem

Reactions: CraigM
gutted. time for a new clutch, may as well go for an uprated one and consider a remap :)

• Love
Reactions: rvtb101 and Harvey
I'd also recommend having the clutch master cylinder changed just for piece of mind as it won't be a huge job in the grand scheme of things. After all, it's being ripped apart to have the slave cylinder changed to might as well make sure the whole clutch fluid circuit is working to the very best of it's abilities....especially when you have the uprated clutch and remap ;)

Then a new DMF whilst you are in there, then a braided clutch hose and bleed block, then...

Then a new DMF whilst you are in there, then a braided clutch hose and bleed block, then...
Sell it and buy a Auto. Only hope at this stage

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Harvey