throttle position sensor. Cut out non start. No response from pedal in live data.

Victoria81

Reaction score
Hello, looking for a bit of help. Driving Audi A5 today when EPC light came on and message "stabilisation control fault". Couldn't accelerate and had to pull in. Called AA out and they plugged it in. Engine control 1 - VS2 / Simos 12 UDSP00B700 - Coolant temperature regulation. Error Message : Inadequate effect.P064200 - Sensor reference voltage A. Error Message : Signal too low.P063800 - Throttle valve (TV) control unit. Error Message : Signal improbable.P138800 - Control unit. Error Message : Component defective.P168000 - Reset-resistant emergency operation. Error Message : Component/function active.P256300 - Charge pressure actuator position sensor. Error Message : Signal improbable.P226300 - Turbocharger. Error Message : Faulty operation.P060600 - Control unit. Error Message : Component defective.P012200 - Throttle-valve position sensor. Error Message : Signal too low.P022200 - Throttle valve position sensor 2. Error Message : Signal too low.U044700 - Gateway. Error Message : Signal improbable.P004500 - Boost pressure control (bank 1). Error Message : Open circuit. Suspect throttle position sensor. Cut out non start. No response. from pedal in live data. Had to be towed home and have no idea how much this is going to cost?!

If the pedal produces no live data when being used, then the whole pedal is replaced as it's one unit, i.e. sensor and pedal. They're not typically the most expensive things in the world or require any special know how to take out and put back in. I don't know a cost i'm afraid. Have you experienced any performance issues or engine running issues lately, apart from your pedal dying and the engine going into limp mode? The other fault codes you have list could be linked to the engine going into a limp mode when your throttle pedal sensor malfunctioned, or could be left over fault codes stored in the ECU from years past.

When the garage you select does the work it'd be worth them clearing the fault codes and seeing if any of them reappear. If they do, they will then need to start looking into why you're getting them as per any diagnosis procedure - with your permission, of course.

All the best

Reactions: Victoria81
If the pedal produces no live data when being used, then the whole pedal is replaced as it's one unit, i.e. sensor and pedal. They're not typically the most expensive things in the world or require any special know how to take out and put back in. I don't know a cost i'm afraid. Have you experienced any performance issues or engine running issues lately, apart from your pedal dying and the engine going into limp mode? The other fault codes you have list could be linked to the engine going into a limp mode when your throttle pedal sensor malfunctioned, or could be left over fault codes stored in the ECU from years past.

When the garage you select does the work it'd be worth them clearing the fault codes and seeing if any of them reappear. If they do, they will then need to start looking into why you're getting them as per any diagnosis procedure - with your permission, of course.

All the best
Thank you Vappy. I had a similar issue about a month ago when I lost power on the motorway and sort of limped off to a slip road. After it was towed to the garage they said they replaced a sensor. It then drove fine, more smoothly, until the same issue occurred on Monday. This time the AA plugged it in and received those codes. I was just confused as to how it has happened again. It it going into the garage today, I will mention clearing the codes etc. Thank you for your help.

Limp home mode and reduced power is a general, healthy practice for an engine when a problem is detected that could put the engine itself at risk of damage. It could simply be a matter of timing and you've been hit with two limp-mode-inducing sensor issues in the space of a month. Hopefully the garage will be able to get you answers and a final solution for your troubles. The fun part of changing a pedal is laying upside down in a foot well... "fun"

• Haha
Reactions: Victoria81
Also, do let us know how it gets resolved, just in case others who stumble upon your thread with the same issue! :thumbs up: