RS3 Build Tracker Spreadsheet

I am about 100 miles north of Inverness in Thurso. Just got a message from the dealer and the car will be in Inverness tomorrow afternoon.
Awesome yours might be the most northern rs3 on the uk mainland.

I am about 100 miles north of Inverness in Thurso. Just got a message from the dealer and the car will be in Inverness tomorrow afternoon.
My grandparents then Uncle owned a shoe shop in Thurso and another in Wick; sold up now retired. Cousin used to play for Wick Academy etc.

Mention no names but you probably know of the family as the place is fairly close knit.

TX.

My grandparents then Uncle owned a shoe shop in Thurso and another in Wick; sold up now retired. Cousin used to play for Wick Academy etc.

Mention no names but you probably know of the family as the place is fairly close knit.

TX.
You wont believe this I work with your cousin Shoeshine. Its a small world.

• Wow
Reactions: Terminator x
@RS03??? and all. I’ve just had a pretty amazing phone call from Crewe Audi. There’s a Merlin Purple Vorsprung just rolled off the production line and the customer has pulled out. It also has the dynamic pack so slightly higher spec but I did want Merlin Purple. Gave me first refusal. Just snapped their hand off. Gave me the option before they put it up on the website. It would have gone in seconds. Confirmed unregistered and list price so around £70.5k. I’m waiting to find out what boat it will be on!! Currently in a bit of a daze.
Looks like.very good.deal

Reactions: garethdj and jaypers777
@RS03??? and all. I’ve just had a pretty amazing phone call from Crewe Audi. There’s a Merlin Purple Vorsprung just rolled off the production line and the customer has pulled out. It also has the dynamic pack so slightly higher spec but I did want Merlin Purple. Gave me first refusal. Just snapped their hand off. Gave me the option before they put it up on the website. It would have gone in seconds. Confirmed unregistered and list price so around £70.5k. I’m waiting to find out what boat it will be on!! Currently in a bit of a daze.
I thought as l read your post that's one jammy Barsteward until l seen the price £70,500 never in a month of Sundays would l buy a RS3 for that price carbon anchors or not I'd be looking at the other German brand from stuttgart ....and I'd say it could have been ordered before the price rise lead time for Ex paints etc etc as you say yer paying cash £71k is in Porsche 718 GTS territory...and is a far better investment for residuals

I thought as l read your post that's one jammy Barsteward until l seen the price £70,500 never in a month of Sundays would l buy a RS3 for that price carbon anchors or not I'd be looking at the other German brand from stuttgart ....and I'd say it could have been ordered before the price rise lead time for Ex paints etc etc as you say yer paying cash £71k is in Porsche 718 GTS territory...and is a far better investment for residuals
The dynamic pack is £5k unfortunately plus £2.6k for the exclusive paint, so list price. Get what you mean and I was looking at Porsche but RS3 is what I want.

Reactions: Jassyo06
The dynamic pack is £5k unfortunately plus £2.6k for the exclusive paint, so list price. Get what you mean and I was looking at Porsche but RS3 is what I want.
If it's what you want mate that's great....l drove a 718 GTS 5 weeks or so ago and it's a machine and l wished l could have afforded it....but it had the high used car APR it had all the neighbours parting there Venetian's ....when l revved it at a stand still..a special car

If it's what you want mate that's great....l drove a 718 GTS 5 weeks or so ago and it's a machine and l wished l could have afforded it....but it had the high used car APR it had all the neighbours parting there Venetian's ....when l revved it at a stand still..a special car

Broker = no high APR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broker = no high APR

Well l aint in tune with stuff as much as you are mate don't even know what a broker is ...but l am guessing a broker will get you finance at a lower rate...?

Vanilla GTS though and we would all add £15k of options, bum basic from Porsche is nasty!

TX.

£78k gets you all the must haves on a nearly new/new 718 GTS .....or are you saying a new £71k RS3 is a better option ?
£71k is full fat RS3 vs the same GTS would be close to £100k is all I'm saying. Can't or shouldn't compare full fat Car A vs bum basic Car B ...

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Well l aint in tune with stuff as much as you are mate don't even know what a broker is ...but l am guessing a broker will get you finance at a lower rate...?

Yup, full circle asset finance is who I use but lots about. I only realised a few years back, always thought the only option was to go with the dealer finance so it was an eye opener when I realised this.

As you can imagine though not all dealers are super keen to let you use your own finance given the commission they’ll make on finance that they arrange directly.

Reactions: Jassyo06
The comparison between Audi and Porsche you have to also consider the way Porsche decide who can buy their cars. The RS3 100% is over priced for what it is no matter how you sugar coat it. 70k for an A3 with a fancy engine is madness. However the Porsche buying experience is stressful. You basically give them a 3k 5k or 10k deposit purely to be added to their waiting list. Then if you get very lucky you’ll get an allocation at which point you’ll have 3-4 months wait to finalise your spec then 2-3 months after that your car should arrive. At least with Audi once you pay a deposit you know you’re getting the car you just don’t know which decade it will come. I agree with @jassyo06 for once in that for the money I’d far rather buy a Porsche especially a car that will hold Far more residual value.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Daggerit
To be fair to Porsche they sell you a basic car and at least you can pick from 100's of options - thought every option had to be tested though which is why almost everyone has just 3 base models now?

They are King of Options though as the women in the vid added £11k and still no CCB's!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

This seems to be turning into a bit of a Porsche fan club! I looked at Porsche for a long time while deciding what to get after my S3 and a 911 was very high up my list. Problem was that every one I really liked was north of £100k. My S3 is the best car I’ve ever owned and I still love it 7 years on. Will probably shead a tear to see it go. The RS3 ticks every box for me and it’s the last 5 pot fully petrol variant that Audi are ever likely to produce. It’s my S3 on steroids and I know I’ll love it. I had set my heart on Merlin Purple, which started to look unlikely so ordered Glacier (same as my S3). I like the tech on Audis and aside from the frustrations we all know about, I like the new car experience.

So in my head, nearer £60k than £70k and I was happy to wait. Car that’s come up is like fate. I couldn’t turn it down. Yes, £70k is a bit more than I thought I wanted to pay for an RS3 but there are pre-registered ones with lower spec going for more. £5k of the asking price is for the dynamic pack, which I don’t need so it was a bit of a toss up. Get the car now in the colour I really wanted, or wait probably at least another 6-9 months. You know my decision.

The RS3 is a special car. It will turn heads and you don’t see many. It’s certainly more than an A3 with a big engine in my view. No, residuals do not compare to a Porsche but relatively the RS’s do hold their value quite well compared to many cars. My S3 has lost about 55% in 7.5 years. That’s not bad and RS3s have even better residuals.

Cars are a very personal choice for everyone. If Porsche is ‘better’ that’s a subjective opinion and I’m a bit confused why people are waiting for RS3s…….nip off to the Porsche forums and get yourself a nice used Porsche.

I’m happy and can’t wait to let fellow enthusiasts see the pics after my Merlin Purple dream car has had its PPF….yes, another grand! Also can’t wait to see other members get theirs and share their photos. Hey, maybe even a few of us can meet up at a scenic coffee shop one days and take some pics.

Reactions: RS03???, 3vans, Deleted member 160894 and 5 others
This seems to be turning into a bit of a Porsche fan club! I looked at Porsche for a long time while deciding what to get after my S3 and a 911 was very high up my list. Problem was that every one I really liked was north of £100k. My S3 is the best car I’ve ever owned and I still love it 7 years on. Will probably shead a tear to see it go. The RS3 ticks every box for me and it’s the last 5 pot fully petrol variant that Audi are ever likely to produce. It’s my S3 on steroids and I know I’ll love it. I had set my heart on Merlin Purple, which started to look unlikely so ordered Glacier (same as my S3). I like the tech on Audis and aside from the frustrations we all know about, I like the new car experience.

So in my head, nearer £60k than £70k and I was happy to wait. Car that’s come up is like fate. I couldn’t turn it down. Yes, £70k is a bit more than I thought I wanted to pay for an RS3 but there are pre-registered ones with lower spec going for more. £5k of the asking price is for the dynamic pack, which I don’t need so it was a bit of a toss up. Get the car now in the colour I really wanted, or wait probably at least another 6-9 months. You know my decision.

The RS3 is a special car. It will turn heads and you don’t see many. It’s certainly more than an A3 with a big engine in my view. No, residuals do not compare to a Porsche but relatively the RS’s do hold their value quite well compared to many cars. My S3 has lost about 55% in 7.5 years. That’s not bad and RS3s have even better residuals.

Cars are a very personal choice for everyone. If Porsche is ‘better’ that’s a subjective opinion and I’m a bit confused why people are waiting for RS3s…….nip off to the Porsche forums and get yourself a nice used Porsche.

I’m happy and can’t wait to let fellow enthusiasts see the pics after my Merlin Purple dream car has had its PPF….yes, another grand! Also can’t wait to see other members get theirs and share their photos. Hey, maybe even a few of us can meet up at a scenic coffee shop one days and take some pics.

Fair play to you mate.

A grand for PPF though, guessing that’s just the front end?!

Reactions: jaypers777
A grand for PPF though, guessing that’s just the front end?!

Tell me about it! Going for C.Quartz finest reserve full monty new car treatment. Professional detailer near to where I live and I’ll go back every 6-8 weeks for the maintenance treatment.

Tell me about it! Going for C.Quartz finest reserve full monty new car treatment. Professional detailer near to where I live and I’ll go back every 6-8 weeks for the maintenance treatment.

Ah ok thought you meant actual PPF.

I’m getting mine coated as well, it should be here next week. Having the detailer collect it on a trailer, coat it then deliver it back to the dealer for collection

I know, that’s why I questioned

Apologies, I used the wrong acronym. For clarification, my car will be getting the following:-

Full decontamination process.
Single stage machine polish correction.
Paintwork machine polish primed with Carpro Essence.
Paintwork and trims sealed with C.QUARTZ Finest Reserve.
Glass machine polish prepped and sealed with FlyBy Forte.
Wheels sealed with C.QUARTZ DLUX.

Reactions: garethdj
@RS03??? Trust you’ll update me on the spreadsheet? Now Saloon, Exclusive Paint and built. From what I understand the dealer is waiting to hear when it’s going to be sent to port and assigned a boat.

Reactions: RS03???
@RS03??? Trust you’ll update me on the spreadsheet? Now Saloon, Exclusive Paint and built. From what I understand the dealer is waiting to hear when it’s going to be sent to port and assigned a boat.
Updated, would be good to know, when it was ordered, if it becomes known !.

Updated, would be good to know, when it was ordered, if it becomes known !.
I’ve asked the dealer and although I don’t have an exact date he says it was originally ordered at the start of when the order books opened for RS3s.

Looks like my car will be delivered to the dealer on Thursday. I won’t get it until Saturday, with any luck, maybe Monday.

As I’m getting the detailer to pick it up and work his magic prior to collection.

Regardless, happy days!

Reactions: kayemill and dousedinmud
Some good news from my dealer today. My original delivery date was anticipated to be middle/late November and it's now moved to mid October. He showed me a screenshot saying the forecast date was 13th October.

I know it's still 4 months but when you've waited 7 months already it suddenly doesn't sound that far away.

Reactions: RS03???, jaypers777 and Jaeger12
Cheers, updated.. indicative: 2134
Thanks. Feel like a fraud now as I’ve only really been waiting since April. Feel so fortunate…………luck of the draw too that I picked a dealer who seems to have really looked after me so far. Pretty sure some others would have sold on at a mark up.

Reactions: RS03??? and Deleted member 160894
Thanks. Feel like a fraud now as I’ve only really been waiting since April. Feel so fortunate…………luck of the draw too that I picked a dealer who seems to have really looked after me so far. Pretty sure some others would have sold on at a mark up.
Fraud, no. Lucky, yes and thank goodness there are some good luck stories around with so many waiting for so long. And fair play to the dealer for doing the right thing. There would be more people enjoying your luck if there were other dealers who thought the same way. Enjoy it mate :cool:

Reactions: RS03??? and jaypers777
I signed to buy a RS3 here in Switzerland in early March 2022 (10th or so). Being relatively new to buying a new car, I didn't fully understand the concepts of build slots etc., but the dealer pulled up an Excel looked at it and said "yeah... looks like there is a slot in November, but maybe I can get you in September." I was of course aware of the constraints around new vehicle production, so both of these dates sounded "reasonable" to me at the time. I asked for an update just last week and was told there is still no update and no build slot yet ("but should hear soon") - but after finding and reading through most of 64 (!?!) pages, it sounds like this isn't surprising or out of the norm.

Ordering here is probably more similar to germany and less similar to the UK, there are comfort and tech packs, but other than that you can option things as you like (although not so many options, as so much is already included stock). I have on order an RS3 sportback in daytona grey, adaptive dampers, sunroof, sport exhaust, black wheels, heads up display, matrix led headlights, B&O speakers, napa electric memory seats, adaptive cruise control / lane assist, standard brakes - and the one option that worries me the most (due to sensor/chip shortage): 360 camera. It's the one option that the dealer said could add serious time to delivery - he said you can get it installed later, but it's a very costly install.

Has anyone optioned AND received an RS3 with 360 camera? Would be very interested to hear of someone who has received it. When I originally started looking at the car here in late Jan/ early Feb 2022, it wasn't even something that could be optioned - and became only available a few weeks before my order placement in Mar '22.

Last edited:
Reactions: Terminator x
Not at all, one or two members here AND 2 in the youtube arena landed themselves cancelled orders. Similar to yourself, Myself, I, jumped at the chance soon as the exact spec came up at Crewe instead of continuing to wait patiently.

I signed to buy a RS3 here in Switzerland in early March 2022 (10th or so). Being relatively new to buying a new car, I didn't fully understand the concepts of build slots etc., but the dealer pulled up an Excel looked at it and said "yeah... looks like there is a slot in November, but maybe I can get you in September." I was of course aware of the constraints around new vehicle production, so both of these dates sounded "reasonable" to me at the time. I asked for an update just last week and was told there is still no update and no build slot yet ("but should hear soon") - but after finding and reading through most of 64 (!?!) pages, it sounds like this isn't surprising or out of the norm.

Ordering here is probably more similar to germany and less similar to the UK, there are comfort and tech packs, but other than that you can option things as you like (although not so many options, as so much is already included stock). I have on order an RS3 sportback in daytona grey, adaptive dampers, sunroof, sport exhaust, black wheels, heads up display, matrix led headlights, B&O speakers, napa electric memory seats, adaptive cruise control / lane assist, standard brakes - and the one option that worries me the most (due to sensor/chip shortage): 360 camera. It's the one option that the dealer said could add serious time to delivery - he said you can get it installed later, but it's a very costly install.

Has anyone optioned AND received an RS3 with 360 camera? Would be very interested to hear of someone who has received it. When I originally started looking at the car here in late Jan/ early Feb 2022, it wasn't even something that could be optioned - and became only available a few weeks before my order placement in Mar '22.
360 was included within the UK Vorsprung package in Aug 21 and then was removed around Dec 21, therefore none supplied as initially paid for.

360 was included within the UK Vorsprung package in Aug 21 and then was removed around Dec 21, therefore none supplied as initially paid for.
Thanks for the reply and information - that doesn't portend anything good for my order

Morning All,
Good news:
@garethdj - should be picking up his Kylami Green Vorsprung this week. Congratulations, and
@jaypers777's should also be arriving soon.
No News:
Otherwise, silence on the updates on the expected builds in June for Carbon and Vorsprung.

Reactions: garethdj, Jassyo06, Jaeger12 and 3 others
So it's around a 3rd of cars ordered that have been delivered in just under 10 months of the order books opening abysmally poor or worse can't think of any other way to put it