RS3 Build Tracker Spreadsheet

ordered mine in november and was promised a september delivery but has anyone who ordered around the same time getting theirs any quicker?

It's very odd how orders are allocated, dealers 'may' have a quota available, that could be x number of RS3's, or x number of RS3 saloon and x number sportback, or maybe x numbers of RS cars, there could also be a franchise quota?

As for the dealers knowing what is happening or not, they are also doing a lot of ar*e covering at the moment as well, my dealers 'demo' car has never appeared and apparently isnt going to appear at all, the story is it was taken off them to give it to another dealer, most probably one in the same franchise with a customer prepared to pay over the top
There is a Quota for all franchised dealerships Caffyns ie Brighton Audi had filled their Quota for the RS3 8Y by mid November 2022 how many cars made up that Quota l don't know as l referred a friend on here to them he then contacted Brighton Audi and was told they'd reached their amount of car allocation and couldn't order anymore by the way Caffyns where the dealer chosen by Coast2coast cars

Reactions: Mike.46, 8YARWY and Adam28
ordered mine in november and was promised a september delivery but has anyone who ordered around the same time getting theirs any quicker?
Check out the spreadsheet above mate it gives out all that @RS03??? has been given over the last 3 months or more

been reading through the post adding my 2 pence worth , I highly doubt the dealers know what's going on themselves they are sales guys they sell that's what they do, if they need to tell a white lie here and there to secure your order they will, the semi conductor chip issue is not helping either the only advice I can give is to be patient, chase your dealers as some don't even bother to update you, from what I can tell they are focused on saloons , they were not allowed to sell launch edition cars but they did :astonished:

It's very odd how orders are allocated, dealers 'may' have a quota available, that could be x number of RS3's, or x number of RS3 saloon and x number sportback, or maybe x numbers of RS cars, there could also be a franchise quota?

As for the dealers knowing what is happening or not, they are also doing a lot of ar*e covering at the moment as well, my dealers 'demo' car has never appeared and apparently isnt going to appear at all, the story is it was taken off them to give it to another dealer, most probably one in the same franchise with a customer prepared to pay over the top
Just spoke to my dealer, for him, all the Sportsback Vorsprungs are showing with no build week, whereas other' variants are. As Sportback is popular, may be a quota is kicking in. According to the data we have here, its approx 50 of one type or other.
They get an update every 2 weeks so just have to be patient and guess a pattern on the spreadsheet as the cars come through.

Reactions: Mike.46 and Adam28
Update on my Vorsprung SB today, ordered August 21, initial delivery estimate was March 2022, last month I was told September 2022, now BW46, so that’s November 22. Add on delivery, Jan 23? In which case registration March 23, so still over a year away. Genuinely questioning if it’s worth it!

That runs a massive risk of a facelift window for MY24.

Update on my Vorsprung SB today, ordered August 21, initial delivery estimate was March 2022, last month I was told September 2022, now BW46, so that’s November 22. Add on delivery, Jan 23? In which case registration March 23, so still over a year away. Genuinely questioning if it’s worth it!

Was hoping the shift will be to the left, instead right. Is it worth it, dont know what to type.. Do you wish to be visible on the order misery spreadsheet ?

All this action and I've heard nothing

Wow, I ordered carbon saloon mid Nov and haven't even got a build week. Literally no info on mine
Same, ordered a Kemora Grey, Carbon Sportback beginning of October. I have had confirmation though about parts being sourced ready for build.. but that was the beginning of December.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: RS03???
Same, ordered a carbon Sportback beginning of October. I have had confirmation though about parts being sourced ready for build.. but that was the beginning of December.
If you wish to be visible, please also advise on the colour,

Same, ordered a carbon Sportback beginning of October. I have had confirmation though about parts being sourced ready for build.. but that was the beginning of December.
That was a standard email that we all got! All on the same day too.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

e4f650e8457751ea8a1590efbd72fdac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@T-1000 wtf end of the year?! Mad times for the car industry that's for sure.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8YARWY

I'd say that's good news mate. Take a look through posts on here you'll see people getting BW40+ and then they jump earlier by 10s of weeks in some cases. Pretty certain it won't be BW46.

2023 could possibly be the year that rumours start up about the 8Y facelift leading to actual factual confirmation yeah it's a risk some of us could be faced with? was the 8Y not launched in Spring 2020???

2023 could possibly be the year that rumours start up about the 8Y facelift leading to actual factual confirmation yeah it's a risk some of us could be faced with? was the 8Y not launched in Spring 2020???

Yup. Imagine that. More power better interior choices

Reactions: Mike.46 and Jassyo06

That seriously makes you question the ordering system and what happens between you sitting down with the dealer, paying your deposit and Audi DE receiving your order.
I ordered Sept 3rd Vorsprung SB like you but Tango Red and it's in transit at the moment

Reactions: Schuey
Yup. Imagine that. More power better interior choices

I'd be cancelling my existing order if its not here this year for 2 reasons
1.Price to sell on I'll not make anything probably lose money as the car market will have some normality returning to
2 .Facelift time on the horizon
We'll just have to see how Audi's farcical Circus turns out as the year progresses

1.Price to sell on I'll not make anything probably lose money as the car market will have some normality returning to
We'll just have to see how Audi's farcical Circus turns out as the year progresses

The way things are you’d need to put an order in now for a facelift

Reactions: Jassyo06
how long did it take for the car to be delivered to your dealer mines waiting to be picked up as of yet ?
Honestly not a clue, I was only told last week it was awaiting transport to the UK. Today I got the email to say it was at the dealership, I have no idea when it actually arrived in the UK.

Reactions: Mike.46
Supposedly mine getting built this week
Carbon Saloon
It was ordered opening week through MSG so will be Lincoln Audi.
I'll believe it when I see it though.
It's Kemora though so no need for the paint shop.

Reactions: 3vans, RS03??? and Daggerit
Supposedly mine getting built this week
Carbon Saloon
It was ordered opening week through MSG so will be Lincoln Audi.
I'll believe it when I see it though.
It's Kemora though so no need for the paint shop.

Mines a Vorsprung MSG car so it’s good to know they’re possibly being built. I ordered a month after you by the sounds of things so still hopeful it’ll arrive by September. Maybe.

Yes it was Feb/March 2020 when the covers were pulled off 8Y. I was thinking it would be late 2023 before any facelift officially appeared.

Also, in terms of selling, won't there be a window when 8Y RS3 (8.0) goes off sale/order and facelift 8Y RS3(8.5) appears. I am thinking specifically that RS3 disappears early and then its about a year before the facelift RS3 appears? I'm thinking late Q3 2024 for RS3 facelift then. just my thoughts. Obviously you can't sell something if you haven't got it...well not legally.

Also, just a couple of thoughts that crossed my mind...
1) If Mercedes UK have ditched basic A45s (the 52k one) and only going to sell A45s + for approx £59k (A class facelift due this year)........will Audi decide they don't need a standard trim model and lose that from pricelists and just leave Carbon and Vorsprung models.
2) After us all complaining about the lack of interior design pack etc...will Audi UK say "yes terrible decision on interior choices, who cares we have stacks of orders for RS3 so doesn't matter what we do"

Reactions: Mike.46 and Jassyo06
Yes it was Feb/March 2020 when the covers were pulled off 8Y. I was thinking it would be late 2023 before any facelift officially appeared.

Also, in terms of selling, won't there be a window when 8Y RS3 (8.0) goes off sale/order and facelift 8Y RS3(8.5) appears. I am thinking specifically that RS3 disappears early and then its about a year before the facelift RS3 appears? I'm thinking late Q3 2024 for RS3 facelift then. just my thoughts. Obviously you can't sell something if you haven't got it...well not legally.

1) If Mercedes UK have ditched basic A45s (the 52k one) and only going to sell A45s + for approx £59k (A class facelift due this year)........will Audi decide they don't need a standard trim model and lose that from pricelists and just leave Carbon and Vorsprung models.
2) After us all complaining about the lack of interior design pack etc...will Audi UK say "yes terrible decision on interior choices, who cares we have stacks of orders for RS3 so doesn't matter what we do"

I remember buying our 65 plate PFL in October 2015, they were first showcased in July that year on several Audi sport days.

2 years pretty much from that date I bought the FL and kept it 4 years.

Was hoping the shift will be to the left, instead right. Is it worth it, dont know what to type.. Do you wish to be visible on the order misery spreadsheet ?
Yep, feel free to add it on, SB, Daytona, Vorsprung, ordered WK3321, BW 4622

Good points made especially about the RS3 8-0Y production ending almost a year between end of production plus introduction of the RS3 8Y 8-5

Another of my concerns is that my current S4 cannot hold onto it’s inflated value for much longer, I had planned to p/ex it against the RS3 based on the original lead time of March & get some good equity back, but by the end of the year, no chance, so this increases my cost to change.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Another of my concerns is that my current S4 cannot hold onto it’s inflated value for much longer, I had planned to p/ex it against the RS3 based on the original lead time of March & get some good equity back, but by the end of the year, no chance, so this increases my cost to change.
I sold my last car just over 4 months ago luckily l have use of the wife's car...but hopefully your build week will come jumping forward soon mate

Reactions: Schuey
Just as an update on mine. Ordered it the day the configurator opened in August (Turbo Blue saloon Vorsprung) and it is officially in the UK now, probably in the port. Dealer suggested I wait till 1/3 for the new plates but it may arrive before.

Reactions: RS03??? and 3vans
Just as an update on mine. Ordered it the day the configurator opened in August (Turbo Blue saloon Vorsprung) and it is officially in the UK now, probably in the port. Dealer suggested I wait till 1/3 for the new plates but it may arrive before.
Mine also in UK although a Carbon Saloon but will wait until 1/3.

Reactions: Jay 1234
Hi all- long time lurker, from Australia

I've got a Audi Exclusive Racing Blue Mica/SB/RS DESIGN RED/Sunroof/Black optics on order- ETA to dealership Jan 2023, (pretty much fully opted minus carbon exterior and carbon brakes

In the meantime.. I've managed to buy a BW9 off a dealership that was going to use the car as a demonstrator..as I've had past relationship with them before, couldn't change the spec as the order was "frozen"

Kemora Sedan, Carbon matte interior, Sunroof, Black appearance + again, fully loaded minus the RS design interior/carbon/brakes, will be taking delivery late May this year.

I've owned a PFL in Sepang, a FL in Daytona

My instagram is : @Kind.rs3

Look forward to chatting with you lads

Reactions: kayemill and 3vans
Adding you to the spreadsheet, were you advised of a confirmed Build Week and when .

Yep, feel free to add it on, SB, Daytona, Vorsprung, ordered WK3321, BW 4622
Thanks.. Mine is also SB Vorsprung Daytona Grey. Still no Build week ordered on week 32, full deposit paid on 3rd day of initial week, Was the 4th order at the dealer.

Thanks.. Mine is also SB Vorsprung Daytona Grey. Still no Build week ordered on week 32, full deposit paid on 3rd day of initial week, Was the 4th order at the dealer.
Something must be going on within the dealer/dealer franchise/Audi UK as I ordered mine Sep 3rd, the order was accepted by the factory around the 7th Sep, initial BW about a month later of 16/22, then 8/22 followed by a surprise 49/21 around the first week of December.

I was told it was 'built' or maybe that should be 'completed?' on the 31st January, it's now on route