RS3 Build Tracker Spreadsheet

Morning All, (late today)
Not much change, few cars being built not to the usual schedule.
Quite a few members cars now built, awaiting the final stages of Transport from Emden to dealer.
Collected last week:
None
Tracking: (In Build or Completed to Emden)
Potential Build due to start or commenced
Carbon @WilsonRS - Sb-KeG - Confirmed
Vorsprung @Coling - Sb-UltraViolet - Confirmed
Carbon @martin lo - Sb-KeG - Built now @Port
Carbon @James84 - Sb-KyG - Built heading to Port
Vorsprung @darlkeys - Sl-TuB - Built @ Port
Vorsprung @zedman -Sb-DaG - Built @ Port
----
Carbon @Adi7r - Sb-KeG (end of year !)
Vorsprung @Jase6666 -Sb-DaG
Vorsprung @Tommm -Sb-DaG

View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HassP1_oVqIwPDzpOFsBPZonbTiioLoIg5mzxjQjjVM/edit?usp=sharing

OK - my car has arrived at the dealer - hoping for delivery to me first week of November. Again, if someone wants a delivery mileage Kyalami Carbon S/B with C&S they can have it for £59k. Otherwise I will keep...

Hello, new to the thread.
Ordered a kemora grey carbon sportback in week 39 2022. Have been told unofficial build week 49

Reactions: RS03??? and kayemill
Mines arrived now and I think I might just cancel, my eldest is quite a bit taller since I ordered it a year ago and today my friend came round in his 8Y and my son was sitting sideways in the back in his car seat when we went out. Been making me anxious all day and my wife (quite rightly as she'll be the main drive) thinks it could be an idea to get something bigger.

I'll sleep on it, anybody else use theirs with car seats?

Mines arrived now and I think I might just cancel, my eldest is quite a bit taller since I ordered it a year ago and today my friend came round in his 8Y and my son was sitting sideways in the back in his car seat when we went out. Been making me anxious all day and my wife (quite rightly as she'll be the main drive) thinks it could be an idea to get something bigger.

I mean, it depends on how far back you put the front seat really. I'm 5'11" and in my driving position my daughter (5 years old) can fit in her seat no problem. If my wife (5'8") is in the passenger seat and my daughter is behind her she can adjust the front seat into a position that has enough leg room and my daughter can only just put her foot flat on the seat back.

If you're driving like you're a boy racer or are 7" tall with the seat as far back as it'll go then you're obviously going to give very little room in the back and I'd suggest you go for something like an A6 otherwise your rear seat passengers are never going to have any room.

Any of the golf-sized MQB cars are not really full 4 seaters in the proper sense with any comfort. You need A4 size for that.

Over 22kg you can use a backless seat which helps with length and over 135cm you can go without. Although we don't need to, on the bigger cars where there is room we still use the seats, for the few times I use the 8V I don't. AFAIK 8Y has similar room to 8V There is not a lot of room back there to move around in an impact and it is all fairly well padded

The only MQB that has decent rear leg room is the Octavia because Skoda add about 6" to the MQB platform and it shows. Problem is you cannot get 5-cyl and not even a decent petrol 4wd.

Surprised by this.

My kids are grown up now and are both a shade under 6'.

No complaints from either of them. Maybe the type of car seat?

Surely if your eldest is that big they don't need the seat?

• Haha
Reactions: RS03??? and Daggerit
The car is built and on the ship to the UK. I hope to pick it up within the next few weeks :icon thumright:

Reactions: AndyVWR, kayemill, RS03??? and 1 other person
Morning All,
Few cars built, over the past few weeks, yet to be at the dealers.
Should see a few of these being handover to members in November.
Collected last week:
None
Carbon @WilsonRS - Sb-KeG - In Transit - collection November
Carbon @martin lo - Sb-KeG - Built now @Port - collection November.
Vorsprung @zedman -Sb-DaG - Built @ Port -
Vorsprung @Mozol22 - Sb-KyG - Built ..

----
Vorsprung @Tommm -Sb-DaG

View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HassP1_oVqIwPDzpOFsBPZonbTiioLoIg5mzxjQjjVM/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Slightly delayed update, I got confirmation from my dealer and the email from Audi on the 9/Oct that my build is starting.

Got a bit bored of following it and ended up buying a new rs6 performance last month to scratch the itch.

Guess the rs3 will be ready for collection 6-8 weeks or so.

Reactions: kayemill and RS03???
Slightly delayed update, I got confirmation from my dealer and the email from Audi on the 9/Oct that my build is starting.

Got a bit bored of following it and ended up buying a new rs6 performance last month to scratch the itch.

Guess the rs3 will be ready for collection 6-8 weeks or so.
Cheers for the update.. Usually it takes about a week for the build and exit the factory and usually 6 to 8 weeks as long as cargo shipping occurs without any winter delays.

Reactions: kayemill
Have switched my car to a June 2024 arrival now for a Sedan as dealer got extra allocation and Sedan was what I originally wanted

Cancelled the other sedan and sportsback order

now got daytona grey sedan arriving in June 2024! no build week locked in yet

Some coming through.

Looks like they are willing to do a deal now I bet.
Although at this late stage people may wait for a FL.
3f0161cf558afa9b184fbadb0fdf7650.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kayemill
Had the build complete email today after receiving the in build on 6/10.

Reactions: RS03???
Morning All,
Few cars built, over the past few weeks, yet to be at the dealers.
Should see a few of these being handover to members in November.
Collected last week:
None

----
Vorsprung @Tommm -Sb-DaG

@RS03??? Finally got collection date. Next Thursday. 808 days from original order (formally known as Coling )

• Wow
Reactions: kayemill and RS03???
Morning All,
Cars built over the last few weeks, should be ready to pick up from the dealers, soon...
Will track till end of this year and will call it a day.
Collected last week:
None
Vorsprung @UV-RS3 - Sb-UltraViolet - Collection early Nov.

----
Vorsprung @Tommm -Sb-DaG

Reactions: Mozol22 and Kevmoz
Received confirmation today, confirmed build week 46. Any chance of receiving before Xmas...?

Also, anyone used any reliable platforms for selling their old car? I have a Merc A45S to sell and a bit reluctant to sell privately with some of the horror stories I have read. Anyone had any good experiences with Motorway/Carwow etc?

Reactions: RS03???
Received confirmation today, confirmed build week 46. Any chance of receiving before Xmas...?

Also, anyone used any reliable platforms for selling their old car? I have a Merc A45S to sell and a bit reluctant to sell privately with some of the horror stories I have read. Anyone had any good experiences with Motorway/Carwow etc?
Ive just used them both to sell my RS3, and sold a Golf R through motorway back in 2021.
Motorway was 2.5k below what they valued it at but got that value through Carwow, went to Group1Auto with no issues atall.

OK - my car has arrived at the dealer - hoping for delivery to me first week of November. Again, if someone wants a delivery mileage Kyalami Carbon S/B with C&S they can have it for £59k. Otherwise I will keep...
Update on this - car to be delivered tomorrow, Friday (was today but delayed due to storm). Same message as above on keeping/selling...

Reactions: RS03??? and Kevmoz
My build week was originally scheduled for this week (b/w 2344) but I did get the "we're underway" build email on the 29th September (b/w 2339). Not got an email since the 29th though. However, the dealer still thinks I should have it this month.

My build week was originally scheduled for this week (b/w 2344) but I did get the "we're underway" build email on the 29th September (b/w 2339). Not got an email since the 29th though. However, the dealer still thinks I should have it this month.
Emails are flakey. Have to wait: till we are building it or the dealer states its built.

Morning All, (from Melbourne AUS)
Cars built over the last few weeks, should be ready to pick up from the dealers, soon...
Will track till end of this year and will call it a day. Now 86% Delivered.
Collected last week: Congrats

Carbon @martin lo - Sb-KeG
Vorsprung @UV-RS3 - Sb-UltraViolet.. (Nice one)

----
Vorsprung @Tommm -Sb-DaG

Reactions: kayemill, UV-RS3 and Kevmoz
Morning All,
Will track till end of this year and will call it a day. Now 86% Delivered.
Collected last week: None

----
Vorsprung @Tommm -Sb-DaG

Reactions: Mozol22, Kevmoz and kayemill
Received an email yesterday from Audi UK saying that my car was on the ship and today my dealer emailed me saying that it is in the UK and he’ll get back to me as soon asap when he has a collection date

My second one arrived at Aberdeen Audi and is available for a smidge under £70k if anyone is feeling flush. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

The car is being delivered on Friday 24th November. Will be a few days shy of a 2 year wait. I was shocked when I got the insurance quotes.. but I am trying to not let it take the shine off!

Reactions: Kevmoz, kayemill and RS03???
Collection tomorrow morning 9am, can’t actually believe this day has come. 2 years and 11 days since order !

Reactions: Daggerit and Kevmoz
The car is being delivered on Friday 24th November. Will be a few days shy of a 2 year wait. I was shocked when I got the insurance quotes.. but I am trying to not let it take the shine off!
How much did you get your insurance for ?

Morning All,
Cars built over the last few weeks, few have appeared at the dealers to be picked up.
Will track till end of this year and will call it a day. Now 87.9% Delivered.
Collected last week:

Vorsprung @Mozol22 - Sb-KyG - pickup 20/11 - Congrats

Carbon @WilsonRS - Sb-KeG - In Transit - collection November 24th
----
Vorsprung @Tommm -Sb-DaG

Reactions: Kevmoz and kayemill
How much did you get your insurance for ?

So for some context, 34 14 years NCB, moderate area. I paid £600 for my 8V RS3 a few years back.

The first quotes I got back were all £2500+ :puke:

Managed to get it for £1400 in the end with Admiral. I did an "internal" quote via my account, as we have home insurance with them, which seemed to knock some money off. I also put my parents on the policy which brought it down another £100 or so.

• Wow
Reactions: Terminator x and RS03???