Big brother is here !!

Jcbmally

Started with nothing & still have most of it left.
Reaction score
As well as VED rising and some other changes to motoring law https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news...on-january-1/ar-AASeFIc?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

10. Speed limiters in new cars​

New cars will be fitted with speed limiters from July 6, 2022 to improve road safety.
The Intelligent Speed Assistance (ISA) black boxes will use GPS to work out what the speed limit is and will then ensure the car doesn't break it.
A new regulation will be imposed by the European Commission in the General Safety Regulation having been approved by the European Parliament in 2019.
ISAs will be mandatory for all new models given 'type approval' from 6 July. This means any new car brought to market from that date, rather than new cars already in production.

If you actually read the whole article you will see it's over 2 years old. And I wouldn't believe everything the Mirror says anyway.

In any case, I think the speed limiter plan could well backfire and result in a collapse of the new car business.

Reactions: Terminator x, Raiden and Jassyo06
I remember Rory from top gear doing a video with Autotrader on this last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose we will see soon enough. Especially with the things supposedly coming into play in 2022.

Bit like start/stop (which is also annoying) it will be on every ignition cycle so you will have to turn it off every time. Bound to be buried in a sub menu too just to add to any annoyance!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally
I remember Rory from top gear doing a video with Autotrader on this last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that Auntie's imitation car show you speak of? With those three idiots trying too hard to immitate Clarkson, Hammond and May?

Reactions: Jcbmally and Raiden
Knew this would emerge sooner or later, so if we get speeding tickets, do the manufacturers, eu, uk government, etc etc pay the bill given we can't go above certain speeds.

Knew this would emerge sooner or later, so if we get speeding tickets, do the manufacturers, eu, uk government, etc etc pay the bill given we can't go above certain speeds.
And that is one reason why I take media rubbish with a pinch of salt. It won't happen because it will make speed cameras redundant and therefore there will be a huge loss of revenue to councils and Police doughnut funds.

Is that Auntie's imitation car show you speak of? With those three idiots trying too hard to immitate Clarkson, Hammond and May?
TBF I don’t mind Flintoff but it’s never been the same.

Once theyve nailed level 4 autonomous driving, im sure these kind of features will follow.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Once theyve nailed level 4 autonomous driving, im sure these kind of features will follow.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
Not a fan of full autonomous at all, will be the end of car enjoyment IMO. Wife is bad enough now without me laying back and letting the car do it.