Cosmetic mods to new Audi A3

GDM

Reaction score
Hi,
So Im due to pick up Audi A3 Saloon Edition end of March (I hope!). It's Mythos Black (wanted white but had to wait till July/Aug for that!).
I wanted the badges removed off the back A3 - 35TFSI
I wanted the s-line side badges removed
I also want the rings, both front and back, in black
I also want the wheels painted in black and the brakes in red.

So I though I could ask the dealer to do all this - apparently they won't touch it and I have to take it somewhere else - he also said when you come to change it in (I have it on PCP) you'll have to put it back to original spec to get the value. He also said you'll have to tell your insurance company!

So anyone else do this on a brand new car and does what he said sound right? I've not done this on a new car before - should I just leave as is, just wanted something a bit different lol

Thanks in advance

Hi,
So Im due to pick up Audi A3 Saloon Edition end of March (I hope!). It's Mythos Black (wanted white but had to wait till July/Aug for that!).

So I though I could ask the dealer to do all this - apparently they won't touch it and I have to take it somewhere else - he also said when you come to change it in (I have it on PCP) you'll have to put it back to original spec to get the value. He also said you'll have to tell your insurance company!

So anyone else do this on a brand new car and does what he said sound right? I've not done this on a new car before - should I just leave as is, just wanted something a bit different lol

Thanks in advance
Removing the badges on the back used to be a free option - Putting it back to original spec I'm unsure but main dealers are often wary of modified cars although what you are planning isn't exactly that bad imo

You will need to tell your insurance company though as it is a modification and whilst only cosmetic it may make the vehicle more appealing for Theft

You could buy different wheels and keep the originals if you have the space and don't mind paying out for another set

Hi,

Thanks in advance
I've traded in PCP cars that were still slightly modified, ie tinted windows, debadged, even still had wheel spacers. They didn't batter an eye. It's usually lease companies that want them back in the same condition they were given out.