Her A3 Build (The Panda)

Ricky Burrows

Reaction score
Just another build thread, i done one in the b7 section that was always a great look back on and see how far the old girl came (good and bad) so same again here but this time its the Mrs car, will be a decent amount of changes over the next few weeks with a few mods already on route, like me she gets attached to her cars so as the years of ownership pass like the b7 a4 this should turn out pretty nice and hopefully make for a good read :icon thumright:

First things first the cars a 2010 Sportback 2.0 tdi sport 140hp model

Here's what she was like last weekend when we picked it up.
S l1600 1

S l1600 2

S l1600 3

S l1600

First thing on the to do list was wheels so i bought some 18" le mans lifted from an s line and we refurbed them yesterday in gloss black along with fitting a honeycomb grille, gloss black lower front bumper, de badge the rear and fitted the black rings.

So after a good clean thanks to a week on these UK roads here's what she looks like today.

Couple of pics are a bit blurry i had the camera on the wrong setting, but so far one long day of hard work and were making progress, most importantly though she loves it :)

Reactions: Sandra
The windows are booked in to be tinted on the 7th, also she's ordered an s line style roof spoiler, led drl bulbs, osram 4200k low and high beam bulbs, white interior bulb kit, rear de wiper kit and 40mm lowering springs all round, once everything arrives were fit everything and do another update :icon thumright:

the mrs is going to hate the rear wiper delete you'll hear about it during the first rain

• Haha
Reactions: bronco and abmat
the mrs is going to hate the rear wiper delete you'll hear about it during the first rain
She's never used rear wipers and wanted to delete the one on her previous car but the bolt had other plans, my last 2 cars never came with one and she never had an issue so I'm sure she will be fine :thumbs up:

Good work sir ! I am not a huge fan of black wheels (can't see them) but I like the idea of the roof spoiler and lowering springs.

Looking forward your updates,

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
She's never used rear wipers and wanted to delete the one on her previous car but the bolt had other plans, my last 2 cars never came with one and she never had an issue so I'm sure she will be fine :thumbs up:

She wants a rear wiper delete? She’s a keeper for sure!!!! Your a lucky man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: bronco and Sandra
She wants a rear wiper delete? She’s a keeper for sure!!!! Your a lucky man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im happy that your so intrigued by a woman wanting a wiper delete, I’ll let her know that you now think highly of her..

• Haha
Painted the spoiler today so that’s ready to fit tomorrow, wiper delete also done and the interior lights all in and looking much better now the dated yellowness has gone, cars are being washed Sunday so I’ll upload a few pics then, wont have time to fit the springs but they have arrived so a job for next weekend hopefully, will try and whip the front bumper off tomorrow to fit all the headlight bulbs aswell.

47A9E598 2E91 48F3 83CE 678830402CDE
176ECE72 77EF 4E2D B3BB D5ED11ED2F10

Reactions: Sandra and bronco
Looking good Ricky,I’m sure your wife is happy with all the completed jobs so far.

Update:

Had the front end off to re seal the headlights as they were both fogging up badly also fitted the bulbs while they were out, fixed a pin hole leak in the washer jet pipe with a hose connector which was a nice surprise, as for the parts first the spoiler painted and fitted along with the wiper delete.

F5A3C65A 4824 4D50 B12A 4AAB926569FE

DB057751 19A3 489E BEA5 CA6EB4CE7F3E

4E0D9D44 677C 4A77 9208 9DA9588DFD56

Led drls fitted, also fitted the osram 4200k bulbs, not really happy with them there not as white as I remember them being on the B7 but there better than the candles it used to have…for now.

C07B3518 D2D6 4127 B906 9C535E5C5092

6E8A39A3 7888 4D8A BD75 951BA60F93CF

Overall happy with the work done this weekend she’s coming along nicely so far, she wants the roof gloss black so next weekend we’re be doing that, then Monday the windows are booked in to be tinted 5% black for some privacy which should tie everything in nicely, also need to find time to fit these springs…

Hey nice ride! Happy wife!
It has halogen lights correct?
Mine looks exactly like yours. Halogen and DRLs.
What did you use for the DRLs?

The tinted windows look really good to the white. Check mine. You both are going to enjoy it!

Attachments

• IMG_4776.jpg
    IMG_4776.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
Hey nice ride! Happy wife!
It has halogen lights correct?
Mine looks exactly like yours. Halogen and DRLs.
What did you use for the DRLs?

The tinted windows look really good to the white. Check mine. You both are going to enjoy it!
Thank you mate, yeah it has the halogen lights which were beyond terrible to be honest hopefully these bulbs help at night a bit more, as for the drl’s there just led canbus bulbs I’d highly recommend them there great.

Windows are being tinted from the b pillar back as it’s illegal for any tint on the fronts windows in the UK unfortunately.

Another productive weekend Ricky. Excellent results. Happy wife = Happy life lol. :thumbs up:

Another productive weekend Ricky. Excellent results. Happy wife = Happy life lol. :thumbs up:
Thank you, to be honest it started going down hill (typical fashion when I attempt something) when we lost the led drl’s and I found a leak from the washer fluid line that decided to spray me in the face then slowly leak all over drive through the night lol, but a hose connector, cable ties and a few cups of tea later I got there in the end :icon thumright: onto the next set of jobs now :)

It’s been almost a year since I’ve done an update on her little A3 and also just passed the 1 year mark of her owning the 8p and what a great car it’s been! Flew through the mot no problems, serviced and timing belt done also had all 4 discs and pads changed and brake fluid replaced so maintenance wise we’re all up to date for now, mods wise it hasn’t stopped through out the year I just haven’t got around to updating on here, so this post may be lengthy

I may forget a few things but since the last update apart from the maintenance things the car has had the following…

• Windows tinted 5%
• Lowering Springs (40mm I think)
• Wheel spacers (F&R)
• New front bumper (oe replacement nothing fancy)
• Honeycomb foglight surrounds (gloss black)
• Roof painted gloss black
• K&N panel filter
• Gel numberplates
• Rear diffuser (painted gloss black)
• Team Heko wind deflectors (F&R)

I think that’s everything, oh and fitted a 3D printed cup holder that fits inside the centre console/arm rest, literally just pushes in but it’s a life saver as these cars for some reason don’t have a cup holder .

I’ve booked it in this Saturday for a stage 1 remap along with my E350 so that should be a fun day, whoever has the least gains over stock figures buys breakfast haha.

Also was meant to be having a shadow chrome twin tailpipe fitted to fit the new wider gap in the diffuser tomorrow but been let down by the shop so will have to rebook that asap hopefully this Friday, as that will finish the back end off nicely and that diffuser install

I’ll attach some update pics now, weather is shocking so lighting isn’t great but what can you do it’s January.

AF4931D8 04AC 43E7 9EEF 1784A98715FF

D587BE96 448B 406B A84F 1D2D919B1B65

3ECBC92F 7FFB 4D8A 9105 1DF55C324566

490B180E 8A01 4C62 B4F4 529C411329D0

3F668408 39C6 4D73 B13C DCEBCD3E0C40

5F7D287A 88FE 4CD5 91A8 71ED474EA499

58D4ECE5 85B4 4183 9761 280454CECCC3

F4524E24 EBEA 41AC 9E1E 1ACC8ED88ACF

48D179C8 F411 43A8 A0B8 133708DAEFBD

54F6ED97 BDEB 4496 A3A4 64FFCEEAAE32

Will update next weekend with some pictures of the tailpipe (if all goes well) and the dyno figures for the cars (again if all goes well) haha.

Damn, so clean, even the licence plate is shiny ! :hearteyes: I don't see any screws - is it magnetic ?

Damn, so clean, even the licence plate is shiny ! :hearteyes: I don't see any screws - is it magnetic ?
Appreciate it mate it sure is coming together, I gave it a full machine polish to help with the shinyness haha, as for the plates to put them on without screws you need fairy dust from ebay also having the sticker on the back window helps longevity :icon thumright:

Very nice work that Man .
Why not go for Autofolding wing mirrors to top it off . Maybe passengers Black & Drivers white lol.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

• Haha
Very nice work that Man .
Why not go for Autofolding wing mirrors to top it off . Maybe passengers Black & Drivers white lol.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
If I knew how to do the folding mirrors I’d get it done I’m a bit naive to the retro fits, there’s to many words involved about electronics I don’t understand haha

Wow Ricky, car is looking amazing. I’m sure your wife is really pleased with it. :thumbs up:

Bronco did you edit your post I swear it said I don’t see any screws is it magic? Either that or I was way to drunk that night haha

Wow Ricky, car is looking amazing. I’m sure your wife is really pleased with it. :thumbs up:
Thanks Sandra appreciate it, she was with me this weekend doing a few bits and always had a hand helping where she can she’s over the moon with it, loves her little car bless her.

Remap day today and the little 8p yet again done me proud! Chris at Performance remap in Gloucester done a great job, the car made real good power even though he didn’t go mad as it’s high mileage but either way it still made great power and torque figures.

Dyno figures:
87BEC141 A38E 4FD8 97BB 7756AC3DE6B0

As you can see it made 47.1 more hp and up 87.8 NM, very happy with the results and the car has a massive improvement across the whole rev range when driving.

Great results there. Great stock power too!

Fantastic results Ricky. Is that it all finished for now?