I've still got that itch and just can't get rid of it.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So i've still got the ruddy rs4 itch and as much as I've tried, just can't let it go.
I've been snooping Autotrader and stumbled on this lovely old bus, a tad more than I was thinking but the market is just on its head these days.
So off for viewing in the next few days, probably a red herring but i need to eliminate it one way or the other.:thumbs up:

Reactions: AlS3BE, RS3 S., Pie-eyedpiper and 1 other person
I saw a s4 b8 today . Well I say saw .. more that I heard it roar away in the other direction. Even the missus liked the noise !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Looks ok Rob - and its £22.5k on their website.
Wouldn't you be after one with buckets/wingbacks rather than the comfort seats?

Mike

The prices on these are only going one way. You've just got to be prepared for the bills, everthing costs a grand.
I've had two and the noise, manual gearbox and the presence these have is really something.
Just make sure you go in eyes open, mpg will be low 20's at absolute best I saw 9mpg regularly on a good blast, tax is over £550 pa and tech is old.
But who cares when it sounds like a spitfire and looks that good?

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Sandra
Always had a soft spot for these. Has to be the metallic light blue for me, can’t remember what’s the blue is called.

Looks ok Rob - and its £22.5k on their website.
Wouldn't you be after one with buckets/wingbacks rather than the comfort seats?

Mike
Hi Mike, it's the complete opposite for me as I prefer the comfort Recaro's I find them just that bit more forgiving than the wingbacks so they need to be a prerequisite for any purchase.

Reactions: Gazwould
The prices on these are only going one way. You've just got to be prepared for the bills, everthing costs a grand.
I've had two and the noise, manual gearbox and the presence these have is really something.
Just make sure you go in eyes open, mpg will be low 20's at absolute best I saw 9mpg regularly on a good blast, tax is over £550 pa and tech is old.
But who cares when it sounds like a spitfire and looks that good?
Prices are just on the up, and I did mention this a few years back when I was looking but sadly missed out on two real crackers with the ceramic brake option, it always the same...
I've done my homework, well did it some time ago at the offset so know what to look out for and expect, they are allway going to be a money pit it's the nature of the beast really.
From my standpoint, it is all the issues you'd get from the a4 B7 platform but with some extra engine issues to be aware of albeit costly if not already done.
I'm not fussed about the tech or the tax, i'd like a better mpg but it not that crucial, hey its a beast with a v8 so never going to be economical....lol
For me it's all about style and function, looks are awesome and with performance to match and in an estate format, what is there to dislike.

New cars are nice but just don't rock my boat I'm afraid, I'm old school and prefer rounded shaped bodywork with some subtle angles, none of this new stuff, but hey that's just me and my personal preference.

I was hoping to get over and see it tomorrow but work meetings don't allow me enough time in the day so looks like a Saturday trip now.

Reactions: daytonamart
Seat comfort is everything and individual .

Drove a C63 and hated the buckets Vs my Sport seats .

Goodluck but make sure and inspect it well

That front wing looks painted from just the photos

MOT history isn't to bad , a couple of fails over the last few years.
once for tyres which doesn't surprise me and before that corroded brake lines which also doesn't surprise me at all , all pretty normal for b7 platform varaints.

I've made a viewing for Saturday so I'll see what its like.
It seems to have been in there stock for approx 3 months , maybe its the price putting buyers off given its age but not an issue from my point of view as I'm driving a 2007 b7 anyway.

Seat comfort is everything and individual .

Drove a C63 and hated the buckets Vs my Sport seats .
That is so true chap.
I will buy or leave a car based on the seats, it can look the dogs dangles but if it's not comfortable then it is not worth buying, nothing worse than rubbish seats .

I had a V6 2.6 Vectra SRI estate from new with really nice looking sports seats, in reality, they were horrendous to sit in for more than 30 mins, just awful in any posistion.

Having looked at their location it's only a 60 min drive door to do so a good chance to give the old bus a run out across the B roads. :yahoo:

Have you got any info. as to whether it's had any work done to it?
Particularly the suspension and oil cooler.
It's at that sort of mileage that things need rectifying if they haven't been already.

Mike

Not as yet Mike, i have asked for a copy of the service record and what other work has been carried to date.

Colour is Ok but not my prefered one to be honest, it looked more blue but he says its silver.
5 previous owners too.
If i'm paying out £20k I think i'd like to be getting my prefered colour or close as, i'm on the fence with it at the moment.

I have queried the DRC on it as i suspect it has not been addressed either.

I can understand your urge to scratch the itch.
I've seen a few around recently and they do command a certain presence, the one your looking at looks lovely.
I had an A3 3.2 sportback a good few years ago in Avus silver and it remains one of my favourite Audi colours ......apart from Java green that is lol

Not as yet Mike, i have asked for a copy of the service record and what other work has been carried to date.

Colour is Ok but not my prefered one to be honest, it looked more blue but he says its silver.
5 previous owners too.
If i'm paying out £20k I think i'd like to be getting my prefered colour or close as, i'm on the fence with it at the moment.
I thought it looked blue as well, light sky metallicy blue.

Always liked these. Would take a Saloon myself in sprint blue with all the trimmings

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My car is Avus Silver Rob, and you have seen it.
I will be honest with you, I like my car colour, but if I was getting an RS4, it would have to be blue, black or even red.

The seller has confirmed its Avus Silver.
It looks to have a blue hue to it so must be showroom lighting .
Don't get me wrong silver is nice but I'm not really in the market for another silver car, I've had a few and made the decision some time ago not to get another one.

I'll still be taking a look at it on Saturday just in case it changes my mind in the flesh.

Ideally, this is my last big performance car purchase, its not that expensive on the scale of things car price-wise but as a cash purchase, I don't want to be spending another £20k in a few years time.

So I want to find the right spec car this time around and I was hoping this would be it as it looks a nice colour in the pics, that hint of blue, well to me it does but if it is just a silver I may be looking at others again.

I really like Mugello blue metallic as a first choice or Misano Red or Sprint Blue,now if a nice example came up in either of those colours it would be a different situation. :yahoo:

Anyway, I'll take a drive out and view it and go from there, anything is possible.:yes:

Reactions: daytonamart
sprint blue does look really nice too.... :yahoo:

Reactions: Rob Avant, K96, daytonamart and 2 others
some colours show off those awesome wheel arch profiles so well.:yahoo:

Arghhhh, so many nice colours.
misano red, and i love red.

Reactions: norad97
I think sprint blue has got the edge at the moment, not by much though.

Mugello, oh like that soo much too, but some deatils become a bit lost in it though.

• Love
Reactions: NM07
Very excited to see you potentially getting an RS4 Rob! I'd absolutely love one. What would be your plans with it? Keep it stock, OEM+ or something a bit more wild?

I've always been a sucker for deep blue metallic cars. They look almost black on darker days, but when the sun comes out they really pop.

maxresdefault.jpg

7e3861a0ec8b661c3d6cee8dec9186be.jpg

Last edited:
Mugello, oh like that soo much too, but some deatils become a bit lost in it though.

View attachment 249624
That looks perfect. The only thing I'd change is the wheels would be in silver chrome rather than flat silver pictured there. I saw this pic of B7/RS4's beautiful saloon in the pictures thread and couldn't take my eyes off it. Just absolutely stunning. Looks like the wheels have been done in silver chrome too, just gives them far more depth, that's what I had my alloys done in when they were refurbed. Costs a bit more but worth it in my opinion.

4eff6cc6-7e3d-460d-b84b-21675557b0d2-jpeg.240458

The only thing I don't like about the RS4 are the wing mirrors. I think the S4 hit the sweet spot for looks. Not a fan of the two spindley arms that attach them on the RS4.

There doesn't appear to be many for sale at the moment, well not in the blues and reds, some grey , silver and blacks on autotrader .

Avus silver is only a silver in name and nothing else, no matter what the lighting is!
I think it will look great when you see it.

Avus silver is only a silver in name and nothing else, no matter what the lighting is!
I think it will look great when you see it.
I'm hoping it is. :yes: , still like sprint blue more though, but no good ones to be found at the moment.