Nsr door control module failed

mephisto

Reaction score
Hi the roof won't open on my wife's 2013 A3 cabriolet I'm assuming this is the code causing the issue as the nsr window won't drop.
Can anyone help with the right part number here or diagram please. Thanks

Check door rubber grommet by hinge for broken wires.

Reactions: mephisto
Rear probably piggybacks of the front bus, check as advised to be sure.

Separate units, but on a number of chassis's, the front module supplies the bus wiring to the rear module, so, again, check the grommet wires 1st.

Reactions: mephisto
Separate units, but on a number of chassis's, the front module supplies the bus wiring to the rear module, so, again, check the grommet wires 1st.
OK i pulled out the rear panel tonight And checked to see there are 3 pins supplying the motor.

I definitely have a 12V supply there, however i didn't seem to get reading on the 3rd wire. How do i test? I tried activating the motor with the connector off the motor but wondering if it's disabled sending anything because disconnected the motor module? However even connected i still get an error code related to this unit.

Any tips welcome thankyou.

As NHN says the wires may be severed inside the grommet from closing and opening the door over the years, it applies to hatch, sportback and the cabrio.
I had to replace the connector as the wires were broken too deep inside the grommet with no spare length left to solder, my fault was intermittent sometimes the wires touched and completed the circuit sometimes not.
So yes you may get 12V but you may not have a ground or stable ground or even the 12V may be intermittent as the cable moves when you close and open the door etc.

Quote from the repair manual:
"4 - Operating unit for window
regulator in driver door - E512-
❑ With central switch for
window regulators in
driver door - E189- ,
front left window regula‐
tor switch - E40- , front
right window regulator
switch in driver door -
E81- , rear left window

regulator switch, in driv‐
er door - E53- , rear right
window regulator
switch, in driver door -
E55 "

Looking at that I would assume the front and rear share the wiring with driver door (makes sense since driver door would usually have controls for all windows).
You're likely to find something like this after you undo the grommet: