Missfire cylinder 3 help on Audi A3 tfsi 2.0 BWA

Y333_off

Reaction score
Hi,

New to Audi-Sport. Was seeking some help on my Audi A3 2.0tfsi 2006 dsg.

I have a missfire cylinder #3 and I have tried everything I can to resolve it.

Things I tried:
- move sparks and coils to see if cylinder changes
- replaced coils sparks
- replaced pcv
- removed injectors and replaced with S3 injectors (mapped into ECU as well)

When I remove the spark plug from cylinder 3 it's wet obviouslt a bad sign I guess. At first I thought my injector was stuck but replacing injectors did nothing.

I did notice oil in the solonoid camshaft adjuster sensor on the hpfp side. And when I unplug it with engine running it doesn't change the note of engine remains the same.

Also noticed the piston is wet on cylinder 3.

On idle it does smoke a little white/grey as it missfires when you drive it clears up when you go to boost it does start smoking a very tiny bit I noticed the oil cap is leaking oil after you boost it so I assume I need a new oil cap.

Only codes that show is missfire

I'm going to compression test it in the evening.
Another thing to note is this all happened 2 days after using injector cleaner. Changed injectors same thing
Hopefully someone's experienced these issues to give me an idea

Wet as in fuel or oil?
I couldn't tell it looks like oil to be fair or fuel mixed with carbon. When I removed inlet there was oil in the intake flaps only a little. Rest of the spark plugs were fine dry

Come to think of it I actually discovered today the pcv I replaced it with is also faulty my fault for using a second hand one. I can hear it leak and blow straight through it. During boost the oil cap leaks too of oil.

So now I'm thinking 100% pcv has blown sending oil to the cylinder getting the spark plug dirty. When I disconnected pcv there was alot of oil there. That explains the oil in intake system.

Prior to all this happening my cold starts were missfire and then cleared when cold start stopped this also another link to pcv. When I set off car was fine sort off then boosted a bit then missfire so I think pcv sucked oil up to the spark

Let's see a new pcv is coming tomorrow

UPDATE: It was piston ring

Engine is being rebuilt