Just what you need on a Friday, clutch issues.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Not Audi issues that is lol , but still not ideal on a friday.

One of my trusty compact tractors decided to down tools in the middle of a muddy field...oh b******ks was a more polite version of what I said at the time.
The Clutch had failed and just would not function, managed to get it into low range gearbox and let it crawl along at 1 mph back to the shed for a pressure wash.
Never an easy task dealing with a tractor that you cant drive into a workshop, still got sorted after a few hours of faffing around.

I must hand it to Kubota , they make decent equipment, well they used to as their new kit is nowhere near the same build quality, My B8200 is 40 years old and goes on and on rarely any issues, but when you do get one it can be a pain.

Anyway after a couple of hours, the mini beast was separated and the clutch seemed ok, the only issue being the friction plate was stuck to the pressure plate, not sure why as I've been using it all week, still all cleaned up and ready to go back on.
I wish I could do my a4 Quattro clutch as easily, Kubota front end splits from the rear and bobs your uncle.
So I never competed what wanted today, just got covered in mud, and spent hours stripping down a tractor, some days or what..lol

Glad I got that beam and tackle fitted in the shed some years ago, makes things so much easier when working on your own. :thumbs up:

IMG 4652
IMG 4653
IMG 4654
IMG 4655

Reactions: Simon, Sandra, Garrett 69 and 2 others
Kubota make some awesome engines, practically bullet proof.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
They do indeed.
The one in my B8200, the D950 engine was used in a heck of a lot of equipment from Gensets to tractors to refrig units, I think it has been obsolete for while but an almost bulletproof unit.
I don't think I've ever had an actual engine issue with it as such, a bearing on pulleys and the clutch a few days ago but they are basically aux parts, the main unit has been brilliant.

I come across a fair few D950s in older gensets, my sister company exports generators. Let me know if you ever need a new engine.

Reactions: Charlie Farley