Rear Quarter / Alloy Damage following a collision

Nick James

Reaction score
This evening I was involved in a minor collision, wondering what sort of cost it’ll be or if it’s worth going through insurance to get it sorted. Gutted as I’ve not had the car even 2 months.
6E8AFEC1 0319 4EB1 94EA 2D8DEF309565
66F183CD 1542 4E94 84A1 BF1583427E4B
908D1755 17B0 48A2 A77D B5970EC03A6E
60449DD5 8E7B 44F2 A5E0 2549F39AB949

• Sad
Reactions: SquidGame and NigelG
Sorry to hear/see that.
New wheel and tyre won’t leave much change out of £400 (seen these on ebay)
The 3/4 panel is fixable but like everything these days not going to be cheap.

Sorry to hear/see that.
New wheel and tyre won’t leave much change out of £400 (seen these on ebay)
The 3/4 panel is fixable but like everything these days not going to be cheap.
Looking on a bigger screen instead of my phone your wheel looks fixable and the tyre also looks ok.
Get a few quotes from reputable body shops and they see how that sits with what your going to pay up as an excess.

Not sure if you are based in London (or can come to North London), but I use a place called Whoops Wheel fix it near Hendon. Been there 3 times for wheel related scuff and smart repair on a similar area of the car (I reversed into a hedge). They were resonably priced.

On a new car I would get that fixed properly and not smart repairs.
wheels aren’t cheap, the 18s on my s3 were £800 each from audi so with a tyre it’s around a grand. I think the chunks out of yours is going to be hard to diamond cut nice again and colour match might not be perfect to the other wheels.
bodywork doesn’t look too bad. Reckon about £5-600 if they fix the bumper but a few hundred more with new bumper.
what zoomer said, it’s a couple of grand to sort properly.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Sorry to hear/see this for a start a new wheel from Audi....circa £800 same for the repair.....a quick look on ebay l found a brand new set of alloys and tyres £1300 it's a lot but at least you'll have a full set of tyres when you come around to change and you could always sell the 3 other alloys separately

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220328-135047_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220328-135047_Chrome.jpg
    700 KB · Views: 76
I would go through the insurance. There will be a claim involved I would of thought as the other guy will be claiming you cut across him regardless of who was really at fault!

So I’ve been quoted £3,500 which is for rear quarter repair and respray, back bumper respray and a new alloy. It’s going through the insurance and I’m down as been liable as I was merging into the left lane. Just the excess which I’m having to pay. Live and learn I guess.

Reactions: Brian Leslie
So I’ve been quoted £3,500 which is for rear quarter repair and respray, back bumper respray and a new alloy. It’s going through the insurance and I’m down as been liable as I was merging into the left lane. Just the excess which I’m having to pay. Live and learn I guess.
That's all you can do mate... live, learn and move on...

That’s why we buy insurance. Sh1t happens and no one was hurt so end of day it’s just paint and metal/plastics.

Reactions: MF DOOMER