ASR exhaust valve controller

Best money you can spend on a 8Y at the moment.
I’ve started using Esso 99 fuel too which seems to agree with the car, it does seem a touch louder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mike.46, Steveland15 and Daggerit
I’ve started using Esso 99 fuel too which seems to agree with the car, it does seem a touch louder.

I think I’m gonna pull the trigger. With the unitronic resonator delete and apr cat back.

Reactions: Daggerit

Definitely agree. I think if we could just remove the OPFs and throw in a sports cat and keep the rest of the OEM system with ASR module it would probably be the perfect sound for me.

I think I’m gonna pull the trigger. With the unitronic resonator delete and apr cat back.

What’s the resonator delete? Does the cat back not include a resonator delete?

Reactions: Steveland15
What’s the resonator delete? Does the cat back not include a resonator delete?

It doesn’t seem to. I believe the resonator delete is a straight pipe from the bottom of the downpipe to the cat back. (Unitronic) is only like $280 usd. I could be getting my verbiage mixed up but looking at the pics from APR I don’t think it includes the mid pipe that unitronic replaces.

It doesn’t seem to. I believe the resonator delete is a straight pipe from the bottom of the downpipe to the cat back. (Unitronic) is only like $280 usd. I could be getting my verbiage mixed up but looking at the pics from APR I don’t think it includes the mid pipe that unitronic replaces.

Interesting, so the APR is more like an axle back then?

Let me grab a picture. Cause it does say car back so maybe I’m wrong. Hang tight.

7b923d8da5c9277310428b4256a425a5.jpg

7b923d8da5c9277310428b4256a425a5.jpg

On Euro cars those resonator looking pieces are the OPFs and are part of the downpipe, I’m not sure if it’s different on a US car. The straight sections of the APR exhaust would delete the mid-resonators in the system.

On Euro cars those resonator looking pieces are the OPFs and are part of the downpipe, I’m not sure if it’s different on a US car. The straight sections of the APR exhaust would delete the mid-resonators in the system.

Saved me some money lol. Thanks

Saved me some money lol. Thanks

It may be that the US system is slightly different though, I can only speak from the Euro/UK setup because that’s what’s on my car. Just my little disclaimer.

It may be that the US system is slightly different though, I can only speak from the Euro/UK setup because that’s what’s on my car. Just my little disclaimer.

My first Audi. Had a Subaru and Honda previously and never seen a downpipe so large lol

I need one of these in my life. I love the car but my god it's quiet, particularly at low RPM. Looks like the price has just gone up on them. I could have sworn they were cheaper the last time I looked.

If anyone wants one mine is unopened as I didn't buy the car in the end. Version that stops stop/start too.

TX.

Interested. Remote or cruise stalk?

Let me check, all still in the box.

TX.

Edit - are you in Tampa as it may not work for LHD

2nd edit - lol box not even open. All still wrapped up so I don't really want to open it. Image attached though, perhaps one of the lads can confirm if remote or stalk.

Last edited:

TX.

Edit - are you in Tampa as it may not work for LHD

2nd edit - lol box not even open. All still wrapped up so I don't really want to open it. Image attached though, perhaps one of the lads can confirm if remote or stalk.View attachment 272422

TX.
Looks like it’s rhd. That won’t work. Thanks though.

Yeah, so if you manually open them they’re fully open and if they’re closed then they just operate as normal basically.

If you open them they’ll just stay open until you change drive modes or manually shut them.

I notice the one with the remote control says something about having programmable memory for start up. I wish I could understand any of the videos lol.

I basically want it to be open at all times. Is there a specific one I should get? With the remote I’m not even sure what each button does lol.

I notice the one with the remote control says something about having programmable memory for start up. I wish I could understand any of the videos lol.

I basically want it to be open at all times. Is there a specific one I should get? With the remote I’m not even sure what each button does lol.

If its the miltek controller and miltek fob, the ledt button opens valves right button closes. Bottom button is standard setting. To keep open every startup, start car press open valves button, then press 5 or 6 times to save last setting, if i can remember correctly.

If its the miltek controller and miltek fob, the ledt button opens valves right button closes. Bottom button is standard setting. To keep open every startup, start car press open valves button, then press 5 or 6 times to save last setting, if i can remember correctly.

I was referring to the asr. But it sounds like it’s the same thing. From what I understand.

If you open them and don’t change drive modes they will stay open indefinitely. That includes after turning the car off and back on.

ASR stays open if you’ve set it to behave that way.
Fit and forget in my experience.

You want silence, two pulls on the cruise stalk.

ASR stays open if you’ve set it to behave that way.
Fit and forget in my experience.

You want silence, two pulls on the cruise stalk.

Exactly that. Or just switch to another non-sporty drive mode and that'll quiet it down.

If you open them and don’t change drive modes they will stay open indefinitely. That includes after turning the car off and back on.

Drive modes like what? I have to change it every time I change from “drive” to “sport” to “RS”.

Or do you mean Dynamic vs automatic?

Drive modes like what? I have to change it every time I change from “drive” to “sport” to “RS”.

Or do you mean Dynamic vs automatic?

You’ll work it out, but basically if the gearbox is in ‘S’ then the valves are open. Or you can manually open them.

If you switch to efficiency, auto or comfort from any mode with the valves open it’ll default back to valves operating normally.

If you tend to drive in dynamic or an RS mode then when you switch to them the valves will fully open anyway.

My advice would be to not overthink it and just get it bought.

Reactions: Frankel and Steveland15
You’ll work it out, but basically if the gearbox is in ‘S’ then the valves are open. Or you can manually open them.

If you switch to efficiency, auto or comfort from any mode with the valves open it’ll default back to valves operating normally.

If you tend to drive in dynamic or an RS mode then when you switch to them the valves will fully open anyway.

My advice would be to not overthink it and just get it bought.

lol well. Overthinking is my style.

But from what I’ve heard S doesn’t open the valves all the way. Maybe I’m wrong lol which is highly likely. Lol. I tent to switch between “d” and “s” pretty frequently. Rs mode very rarely. And I usually leave it in dynamic at all times

Reactions: FBF01, Daggerit and doncarlyon
lol well. Overthinking is my style.

But from what I’ve heard S doesn’t open the valves all the way. Maybe I’m wrong lol which is highly likely. Lol. I tent to switch between “d” and “s” pretty frequently. Rs mode very rarely. And I usually leave it in dynamic at all times

lol you’ll fit right in on here then…..

I’ve had umpteen conversations with people about things like this.

lol you’ll fit right in on here then…..

I’ve had umpteen conversations with people about things like this.

Well I just followed you so…. Now we can ask all kinds of these questions together lol

Reactions: 8YARWY
Well I just followed you so…. Now we can ask all kinds of these questions together lol

lol any time my friend.

Makes a change to have someone that doesn’t use text speak or get angry when pulling their leg about something they’ve asked

lol any time my friend.

Makes a change to have someone that doesn’t use text speak or get angry when pulling their leg about something they’ve asked

Or.after.every.word.

• Haha
Reactions: Terminator x
Hello guys
Can you please confirm that the ASR valve controler unit works with the performance exhaust?
Thanks

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Hello guys
Can you please confirm that the ASR valve controler unit works with the performance exhaust?
Thanks

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

It does, that’s what I have.

On the two occasions I have had to fill up with 'std' 95 Octane the car appeared to lose it's DSG pop, or fart noise on gearchanges (noticeable with the ASR controller) and once Super unleaded was again available the 'pops' also returned,

I have not compared different Super Unleaded (just the odd tank of Tesco here and there) but oddly enough I have from time to time thought 'that sounds louder' whether that co-insides with my different Super unleaded fuels I dont know, I'll pay more attention :tearsofjoy:

I fitted mine today, was very straightforward. It took about 45 minutes, but as others have said, it would be much quicker the second time. If you're on the fence about getting one of these, I can tell you that I am very pleased with mine. Restores a bit of character to the car.

Big thanks to @Terminator x for selling me his no longer-needed unit.

Reactions: Terminator x and Daggerit
I fitted mine today, was very straightforward. It took about 45 minutes, but as others have said, it would be much quicker the second time. If you're on the fence about getting one of these, I can tell you that I am very pleased with mine. Restores a bit of character to the car.

Big thanks to @Terminator x for selling me his no longer-needed unit.
Is it cold start kind of loudness all the time with the valves open? I definitely need more noise from the 8Y coming from a stage 2 FL 8V

Is it cold start kind of loudness all the time with the valves open? I definitely need more noise from the 8Y coming from a stage 2 FL 8V

I also came from a facelift 8V (with PCW exhaust mod), so the new car's quietness was quite shocking. It isn't quite cold start loudness but it is a welcome and worthwhile upgrade, you get the occasional burble to come through at low speed at least.