A4 cab 2.0 tdi power issue

Ikky516

Reaction score
Hi guys I've recently purchased a a4 b7 convertible 2.0 TDI bpw engine and it has no power when pulling off its totally flat however if you take your foot of the accelerator and re apply it it goes like hell or if you give it a few revs as you pull away it pulls like a train the only fault codes are for the electronic engine mounts I've swapped air mass, map sensor, n75 and checked turbo actuator and vacuum supplies and theirs no boost leaks the car has also previously had a new turbo 3000 miles ago has anyone else come across a problem like this

I have a very similar issue. 1st and 2nd can be very flat but lift off and re apply and then it gets going. Also seems to be worse when cold than warm. Don't seem to have the issue in 3rd and above. Turbo actuator seems to be working ok. Looking at the specified and actual boost never seems to be aligned, mostly under by 50-100 mbar then occasionally over in the same amount. Have had 2 P0234 over boost errors in last couple of weeks buts that been at a steady 70mph, not when accelerating hard.

Garage seem to suggest sticky vanes. I don't have VCDS currently just a generic reader from my brother-in-law