Is lowering my A3 8p Quattro tdi pointless?

OhSoFresh

Reaction score
I've been looking at springs but apparently they only do 30mm drops for the quattro.

Now apparently sline is already 20mm so paying that money for an extra 10mm seems pointless?

Should I get coilovers? If so this worries me as if I do a 50mm drop maybe there's some reason the quattros/rear diffs/drive shafts don't like lower than 30mm? And that's why I can only buy 30mm springs and not 40s 45s or 50s like I can for the fwd 8ps?

Don't forget that the springs will settle in over time giving you an even larger drop. Coilovers will be more expensive but will maintain their height throughout their life time. I have a Audi A3 with the S line suspension and am thinking of adding H&R Sport Suspension, very scared to make the move lol

Don't forget that the springs will settle in over time giving you an even larger drop. Coilovers will be more expensive but will maintain their height throughout their life time. I have a Audi A3 with the S line suspension and am thinking of adding H&R Sport Suspension, very scared to make the move lol
But surely the sline ones have settled now too?
H n r springs or coilovers?

I think I want to go with vogland again if I do I've had them before and really liked them. Found hnr very stiff and vogland a good balance. Just don't know if it's worth a 10mm drop. Shame I can't find pics of a sline 20mm vs vogland 30mm drop

Not much of a drop for a reason as much R&D of spring engineers Vogtland , Eibach etc , yes heard H&R more track focused .

Yes to cope with a variety of conditions , lanes , rough roads , kerb heights , and the ability of range of adjustment available to get back to alignment specs etc .

Ametures with coilovers just slam the car for looks and wonder why it drives like a three legged pig .

With a drop of just 10mm you won't even have to have alignment .

Feel reassured that the engineers have done their R&D to perfection .

Many slate the S line suspension for it's lack of suppleness , new lower springs ( not H&R ) and dampers - my choice would be Koni Special ACTIVE and you'll enjoy every drive .

Yes to cope with a variety of conditions , lanes , rough roads , kerb heights , and the ability of range of adjustment available to get back to alignment specs etc .

Ametures with coilovers just slam the car for looks and wonder why it drives like a three legged pig .

With a drop of just 10mm you won't even have to have alignment .

Feel reassured that the engineers have done their R&D to perfection .

Many slate the S line suspension for it's lack of suppleness , new lower springs ( not H&R ) and dampers - my choice would be Koni Special ACTIVE and you'll enjoy every drive .
Cool,

any links to what you would recommend? It seems hard to find some shocks for my car being a 4wd 2.0 170 tdi 2011 8p3

Personally Eibach for the springs , for your car , engine and 4wd they list two different Pro kit spring kits between the 3 door and 5 door , that's how fine they tune the springs to the axle weights .

But surely the sline ones have settled now too?
H n r springs or coilovers?

I think I want to go with vogland again if I do I've had them before and really liked them. Found hnr very stiff and vogland a good balance. Just don't know if it's worth a 10mm drop. Shame I can't find pics of a sline 20mm vs vogland 30mm drop
Would love to get some photos of the shocks side by side. Yeah I don't think I'd be installing coilovers, the Audi S line suspension is alright amazing. No need to mess with something that is great quality.

I don't know how far they have settled in tbh. I know the Sport Shocks from H&R say 1.2 inch drop which would be to low for my liking. I am looking for anything between 0.8 - 1 inch. So if anyone knows of shocks that meet those standards please let me know.

Eibach sticky above will give you the info you want. Eibach is the way to go for your car but keep in mind you will likely need spacers to make it look right