Oil level warning

RobMorris

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a 2008 2.0 tfsi and I have an issue with either oil pressure or oil volume.
I regularly get a check oil alert in my car. Whilst on the motorway it doesn't appear but generally at stationary or slow speeds especially whilst coming to a stop, the alert chimes on my dash to check oil level. The onboard system claims full oil and the dipstick confirms full oil. I have already changed the the blue and brown oil sensors. I have changed the oil level sensor on the sump. I have replaced the oil pump and oil pick-up. I replaced the oil filter retaining post whilst giving it a oil filter and oil change. I even took the bonnet latch apart and cleaned the sensor. So far nothing has helped. Does anyone have any other ideas please

Have you actually replaced the bonnet sensor?

You could temporarily just wire the bonnet sensor wires so it is constantly seen as closed, that way it would prove if it's sensor or not, could have a wiring issue.

Thanks for replying. I haven't replaced the bonnet sensor but I am willing to try anything so just ordered a new Bonnet Lock Actuator and Sensor

Why didn't you bypass the sensor 1st before buying it as it could be a waste of money.

Hi guys, I have a 2008 2.0 tfsi and I have an issue with either oil pressure or oil volume.
I regularly get a check oil alert in my car. Whilst on the motorway it doesn't appear but generally at stationary or slow speeds especially whilst coming to a stop, the alert chimes on my dash to check oil level. The onboard system claims full oil and the dipstick confirms full oil. I have already changed the the blue and brown oil sensors. I have changed the oil level sensor on the sump. I have replaced the oil pump and oil pick-up. I replaced the oil filter retaining post whilst giving it a oil filter and oil change. I even took the bonnet latch apart and cleaned the sensor. So far nothing has helped. Does anyone have any other ideas please
Did you resolve it?
What is the mileage?