Boot Lid Replacement

EshanMistry73

Reaction score
I have an A3 5 Door Sportback , with the current boot like such -
au_a3_5_a_500x333_j_c.jpg

Im looking to replace the entire boot lid with one from an SLine 5 Door Model (As this has the lip spoiler that i am after), am i right in thinking this should be a straight plug and play? Or is there anything else i need to consider?
9dfc9fb7-fa48-04ac-ea39-f0d7a84445bf_infinity.jpg

they’re fine but a lot of effort for very little gain? Can you not source the spoiler on its own and fit to your original?

Reactions: bronco
they’re fine but a lot of effort for very little gain? Can you not source the spoiler on its own and fit to your original?
Hey! I can only find like aftermarket ones on eBay that need spraying/glueing on top of my existing lip, think it will look a bit silly :( (Apparently the lip is part of the boot lid rather than bolted in so cant be removed sadly :/

I found a few genuine ones but they appear to be for the non facelift version so was just thinking to get one from the same sorta model - i can get the entire boot lid + spoiler for a good price, so if the SLine ones are bolted in theoritically your right, and i could just unbolt it, sand of the bolt and glue it on top of mine potentially but im not 100%

Last edited:
The S Line spoiler is a bolt on job:

Getting the whole boot off an S Line to then remove the spoiler and fit to yours would be the best way if you can't source an S Line spoiler on it's on.
Amazing stuff! It seems to work out cheaper atm to grab the whole SLine boot lid and unbolt the spoiler so this is a massive help thank you! Only issue with my current car is i was told that the lip is part of the bootlid, therefore its not a case of unbolting and bolting the SLine one off, so my choice is either
a) Replace the entire bootlid or
b) Sand down the bolt holes from the Sline spoiler and seal/glue it on top of my existing boot lid

The S Line spoiler bolts on to the lip. So you could drill holes in to the lip and bolt the spolier on to fit it the factory way or grind the bolts down and bond it on.

The S Line spoiler bolts on to the lip. So you could drill holes in to the lip and bolt the spolier on to fit it the factory way or grind the bolts down and bond it on.
Ah i see gotcha, thats not a bad idea and would save me the headache of replacing the entire unit, i appreciate that massively thank you so much!