Headlight sequence

Adam.Fleetwood

Reaction score
On the product article it talks about all sorts like having semi slick tyres, red calipers etc all as options (but clearly not in the UK).

But on there it mentions the headlights have the checkered flag when unlocking (which I've seen working) but it says the drivers headlight displays RS3 lettering. Can anyone confirm or does anyone have pictures of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the product article it talks about all sorts like having semi slick tyres, red calipers etc all as options (but clearly not in the UK).

But on there it mentions the headlights have the checkered flag when unlocking (which I've seen working) but it says the drivers headlight displays RS3 lettering. Can anyone confirm or does anyone have pictures of this?

I can confirm it does, seen this on lots of UK cars including my Vorsprung.

Don’t quote me on this but have a feeling it might not be on the base spec UK car, could be wrong though.

I can confirm it does, seen this on lots of UK cars including my Vorsprung.

Don’t quote me on this but have a feeling it might not be on the base spec UK car, could be wrong though.

Good stuff thanks for confirming, I'm assuming it'll just be on cars with matrix lights, just can't find any pics or vids of it! Can you send one in?

Good stuff thanks for confirming, I'm assuming it'll just be on cars with matrix lights, just can't find any pics or vids of it! Can you send one in?

yeah definitely matrix only

11019e24ce63d4ffca0545aed11dd9e1.jpg

Red car looks good in the vid! I see it has DRL's, we have that in the UK?

TX.

Yeah it’s in the video around the 20 second mark. Drivers side only and I think it only shows the RS3 sequence when you unlock the car

Reactions: Adam.Fleetwood
Yeah it’s in the video around the 20 second mark. Drivers side only and I think it only shows the RS3 sequence when you unlock the car
That's correct, but it's only part of the story, you should see the rest of the lights front and back when you unlock it - it's literally like the advertising boards at Piccadilly Circus

Reactions: njswider
That's correct, but it's only part of the story, you should see the rest of the lights front and back when you unlock it - it's literally like the advertising boards at Piccadilly Circus

True I probably should’ve just shared this video, shows all lighting

Comes on the Carbon Black version too, cool to look at, however it can be turned off in the MMI if required

Tried to video last night but the lights are too bright maybe need to take from an angle.

its matrix headlights only
also they are dark inside instead of silver like matrix on a3 or s3

Tried to video last night but the lights are too bright maybe need to take from an angle.

I've tried this before too and it's almost impossible. Think you would need a proper camera set up to capture it. As you say they are just too bright!

Reactions: garethdj
Skip to 2:50 this is the best example of the headlights I’ve seen, it’s filmed under a car cover

Reactions: Adam.Fleetwood and njswider
Don't know if Edition One was sold at launch in England, in Germany and Italy for sure.
Just search S3 edition one, they were in Red for the sedan and yellow for the spb. It also had. Black logo and black mufflers

Last edited:
Don't know if Edition One was sold at launch in England, in Germany and Italy for sure.
Just search S3 edition one, they were in Red for the sedan and yellow for the spb. It also had. Black logo and black mufflers
yeah I saw review some time ago but never again

not bad but think very rare

We drove a launch edition with the matrix lights and they didn’t do the same thing as the RS3. The matrix bit was just lines moving up and down.

That's not an edition one (german or italian version).
As I said, edition one were only available in tango red (sedan) and yellow something (SPB).
However, the light animation is the same for Edition One, Sport Attitude or "normal". Only the interior trim of the headlights is different. Black for edition one, chrome for the others.

This one is an edition one.

Last edited:
As I said, edition one were only available in tango red (sedan) and yellow something (SPB).
However, the light animation is the same for Edition One, Sport Attitude or "normal". Only the interior trim of the headlights is different. Black for edition one, chrome for the others.

The Ediitions you speak of never came to the UK
Ie Red Saloon with the black roof and red interior pack
Python yellow sportback with yellow interior style pack....

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

The headlight animation is exactly the same as the one we drove.

The animation is the same for all S3s-
I'm talinkg about matrix trim only. Dark (on edition one like RS3) or chrome (standard)