Best roof bars and bike rack on a budget

Resali

Reaction score
Hi all

I’m looking for roof bars with 2 bike racks for my 2019 A3 Saloon.

I’m on a budget but hoping that there are some suitable bars and racks out there that last.

We would probably only use them every other weekend or so. All local trips, no long distance.

I saw bars and racks by Cruz. Are these any good? Can you recommend any other brands and shops based on your own experience?

Many thanks.

I’ve had both the Audi and the Thule ones on my sportback and would say the Thule bars are superior to the Audi ones and parts are readily available.
thule ones aren’t too expensive and loads of second hand ones are available on eBay.
the Thule 532 is a nice cheap and cheerful bike holder but if you have a chunky mountain bike it might not fit. I have one of these and 2 vw branded ones. Vw branded ones are made by Mont Blanc and can hold my big mountain bike.
The one thing to be careful on the saloon is where and how it rests on the body. Some bars could mark the bodywork so worth having a look on websites to see how they are fitted.

Reactions: Resali
I'm using those roof bars

With Thule 532 racks. Used it for few years now and never had any issues. The bars are really quiet and never left any marks on the bodywork. You'd have to get smartfoot kit for A3 if you'd go for the one from ebay.
7309b8d5402ab3977b2b7855764b66ac.jpg
85049ce75e680fb7f30880287fc99e97.jpg

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Resali
I’ve had both the Audi and the Thule ones on my sportback and would say the Thule bars are superior to the Audi ones and parts are readily available.
thule ones aren’t too expensive and loads of second hand ones are available on eBay.
the Thule 532 is a nice cheap and cheerful bike holder but if you have a chunky mountain bike it might not fit. I have one of these and 2 vw branded ones. Vw branded ones are made by Mont Blanc and can hold my big mountain bike.
The one thing to be careful on the saloon is where and how it rests on the body. Some bars could mark the bodywork so worth having a look on websites and source to see how they are fitted.
Audi one is just great. I also have this one and can recommend it.