Brake disks and pads squeaking

Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

I've installed a new set of Brembo disk with some Eicher brake pads.
After doing all the work as well as driving around setting them in after a few days they started to squeal really badly when I was breaking. Upon having a look around forums people seem to keep away from Eicher so I thought I'd try a new set of pads. Those were replaced by Bremobs.

Went through the same process of installing the pads and went around for a drive setting them in, however after a few days they also started squealing.

Before I go out and get new disks as the squealing can get really loud does anyone got any suggestions on what I could try?

The strange part is, they don't squeal straight off the bat but like at a certain pressure level of the brake pedal, it's really strange.

I was thinking of taking apart everything and hitting it with sand paper as my thinking is that perhaps something got bedded in from previous brake pads which in turn still make it squeal.

Strip it down and sand both the disk and pad face then bed them back in. You will have Eicher pad material still on the disk face if you didn't sand the disks when you fitted the Brembo pads. Sanding the pads and disks won't cause any issues as I've done this loads when prepping my mates rally car and on my own track day toy. Let us know how you get on ;)

Strip it down and sand both the disk and pad face then bed them back in. You will have Eicher pad material still on the disk face if you didn't sand the disks when you fitted the Brembo pads. Sanding the pads and disks won't cause any issues as I've done this loads when prepping my mates rally car and on my own track day toy. Let us know how you get on ;)
great stuff thanks.

Also your long diary thread is a great read :) Been following it quite closely.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harvey
Is it all 4?

I had brembo disks and pads fitted and had very bad squealing issue on one corner. New pads didn’t sort it only replacing the disk did.

Is it all 4?

I had brembo disks and pads fitted and had very bad squealing issue on one corner. New pads didn’t sort it only replacing the disk did.
Only fronts are brembos. It's really hard to tell which side the squeaking is coming from. Sometimes it sounds like from the driver side sometimes from the passenger .

I'm still yet to try sanding them both like the post above to see if that helps.