Brake pad problems

Hongge

Reaction score
Has any of u guys replaced your brake pads to ceramic pads? The oem brake pads on my a3 8y is pretty squeaky and produces tonnes of brake dust that's killing me. Any recommendations on which brand to change to? I'm thinking of akebono ceramic brake pads.

My cars been back twice for squeaky brakes and it is loud. The garage couldn't replicate the issue and I have never heard any other audi make the squealing noise.

I have a feeling its not the pads and related to something else. Just replying back to you as it may not be your pads if its the same issue as mine. My cars not a S3 or RS

Reactions: AdamInKent
Same issue...
Squeky brakes occasionalLy, mostly for the first minutes of driving. It looks like the squeaky noise stops once they warm up.
What really annoys me though, is the brake dust / grindy noise, which is very audible when braking at low speed with windows open. A3 35 TFSI Mild Hybrid here.

Anyone knows if the S3 brakes can be fitted to an A3 (with 17" wheels) ?

Same issue...
Squeky brakes occasionalLy, mostly for the first minutes of driving. It looks like the squeaky noise stops once they warm up.
What really annoys me though, is the brake dust / grindy noise, which is very audible when braking at low speed with windows open. A3 35 TFSI Mild Hybrid here.

Anyone knows if the S3 brakes can be fitted to an A3 (with 17" wheels) ?
Same engine here and same problem, especially noticeable when in very slow moving traffic

Audi Cov have just said they cant replicate the problem with the squealing breaks even with a road test.
I am going to have to record it breaking the law. Third time its been in and they said they cant see or hear anything wrong.

Any of you guys had an update from dealers or replaced/ upgraded brake pads or rotors ?
One year now and the grindy noise is still the same :|

My previous 8Y had squeaky brakes at times, but that mostly happened when temperature was around 0 ºC. The current one is silent. Both cars automatic mild hybrid.

I remember reading somewhere that it's important to avoid hard braking during the first 200 kms or something when the car is new, so the brake parts settle right. If they don't, it might cause squeaking.

Why not try a MINTEX antisqeal shim - the description may give a clue!

Mintex Ceratec anti squeal shims