OEM exhaust tips issue

KGRS3

Reaction score
Hi

has anyone had issues with the standard oem exhaust tips loosing there shiny coating on the inside? Mines is more or less all off and only 500 miles on the clock of it, surely this shouldn’t be happening

97BFE146 800C 415F AAA6 C773A96A961C

D2D45FEA C808 428F A953 CF18B0963158

Lol what’s actually the issue here…..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol what’s actually the issue here…..?

the chrome coating on the tips is almost non existent and has went a dry steel finish opposed to the shine they come with when new. Sorry I thought it was visible in the pictures

Probably just the heat/gasses from the exhaust that have tarnished the metal. Try some metal polish or fine wire wool to get the finish back.

Looks like it’s just bare stainless steel to me. Wouldn’t have thought they’d have been polled up on the inside, never seen any other RS models with them polished.

If it’s of any use, I took a picture of one of my exhaust tips when the car had just arrived at the dealership and unloaded from the transporter (that’s why the car is so dusty). Please don’t ask why I took it……weird I know!! Maybe ‘Pink Stuff’ is going to be the answer?

B26405C4 E899 437D 8F2E EE411716007E

Like I said above, it looks like raw stainless steel and imagine that's exactly how it's supposed to look. Not sure why you'd want it polished but if you do I'd just be careful about taking the black finish off the exhaust surround, I have no idea what it is so don't know how easy it would be to polish away (probably fine in reality).