Exclusive Paint - Payback?

rngDeadeye

Reaction score
Do we have any info regarding exclusive paint and car value after 4 years etc?

I was already unsure if Sepang was the right choice and now I've seen plain white in the flesh I'm think £2.5k would be better spent on half a Akropovic exhaust!

Paint envy, lol, what next.

• Haha
Reactions: Darren92

I was already unsure if Sepang was the right choice and now I've seen plain white in the flesh I'm think £2.5k would be better spent on half a Akropovic exhaust!
Depends on the colour of the exclusive paint and Sepang being extremely common not so long ago I'd say you'd not gain much back on it ....rarer the paint makes it more desirable Porsche colours are a wise choice

I think like most extras, customised paint won't add value in itself. Saying that depending on your choice some colours may result in less people being interested and reduce the price/speed of sale.
So it's more the colour creating more demand which may push the price but more likely increase speed of sale.
Just my opinion/experience.

Yeah... all valid.

I really did like the white and it's her favourite colour. I love Crayon but it's not really far off white (and £2.5k). My original change from Sepang was going to be a rich deep purple Porsche colour but will it put people off?...

I saw Ultra Blue in the showroom which was nice but that was on a non RS car.

Depends on the colour of the exclusive paint and Sepang being extremely common not so long ago I'd say you'd not gain much back on it ....rarer the paint makes it more desirable Porsche colours are a wise choice
I suspect that if you had a Turbo blue and a Sepang blue, or any other blue parked next to it there would be very little difference in the second hand price, maybe £500 tops just to be slightly different ?

I suspect that if you had a Turbo blue and a Sepang blue, or any other blue parked next to it there would be very little difference in the second hand price, maybe £500 tops just to be slightly different ?
I sold my Voodoo blue S3 within minutes of advertising it
As for how much money you make on having a rarer exclusive paint colour its variable depends on the car/model in this case a 8Y RS3...£700 after a few years but to sell one right now you'd get your money back instantly as the RS3 8Y's are highly sought-after
Best return £££ option on a S3/RS3 is a panoramic roof

Last edited:
I really wanted Merlin Purple as I love the colour after seeing a Merlin Audi some years ago. Didn’t think about residuals on it, although like any colour you will find some love it and some won’t. Get the car/colour that makes you happy.

Reactions: AndyVWR and Jassyo06
moe common and standard color more easy to sell :) ans more potential buyers