PFL 8V4 S3 front bumper replacement

Syncros

Reactive Member
Reaction score
Hoping to get some clarification on this as I'm really struggling to find a definitive answer.

I'm considering my options for repairing the front bumper on my S3 as it's peppered in scrapes and stones chips etc from previous owners. Although I'd like to just have the current bumper repaired and resprayed I know I'll get a much better outcome and finish from a body shop if they essentially have a blank canvas to paint; I don't really want to pay north of £500 for a primed replacement. from Audi so I've been looking at aftermarket but I'm struggling to find anything for the S3 specifically, they're all marketed as S-Line bumpers.

So my question is, are the S-Line and S3 bumpers, in their basic form, interchangeable? I believe there is some differences in width between some models (non-sport A3's, coupes, S-Line/S3's etc) but if 8V4 S-Line bumpers will fit the 8V4 S3 that'll be deal as they're relatively cheap to obtain.

Would anyone happen to have purchased an S3 bumper from Audi lately and be familiar with the cost?

Attached is the aftermarket bumper I've been looking at.

Any advise would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• 158219124_bamper-peredniy-audi-a3-8v-06-12-8v0807065jgru.jpg
    158219124_bamper-peredniy-audi-a3-8v-06-12-8v0807065jgru.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 84
Hi
I will respond you ... I have pretty much destroyed my bumper witch chips and had it repainted cheaply I don't remember if £150 or £200 and they didn't use primer.
And they probably just brushed with sand paper and sprayed finish color. And that was bad job now I have stone chips again. I do drive faster, but if you don't apply primer and then finish paint and then 2K clear coat you goona end up with stone chips in 3 - 6 months ! Now I have stonechips again but this time I have purchased just 10ml bottle to dab chips.. Not gonna pour money into car anymore..
S-line bumper is exactly same as S3 ..

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 52
Hi
I will respond you ... I have pretty much destroyed my bumper witch chips and had it repainted cheaply I don't remember if £150 or £200 and they didn't use primer.
And they probably just brushed with sand paper and sprayed finish color. And that was bad job now I have stone chips again. I do drive faster, but if you don't apply primer and then finish paint and then 2K clear coat you goona end up with stone chips in 3 - 6 months ! Now I have stonechips again but this time I have purchased just 10ml bottle to dab chips.. Not gonna pour money into car anymore..
S-line bumper is exactly same as S3 ..
Appreciate the reply. Will have a chat with the body shop :icon thumright:

I am reluctant to use non-oem parts but want to get a decent finish so it might be a trade off..

Appreciate the reply. Will have a chat with the body shop :icon thumright:

I am reluctant to use non-oem parts but want to get a decent finish so it might be a trade off..
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but did you manage to find an s line bumper? I've noticed that there's a plastic bar/beam that crosses the grille section for the s line bumpers, but this does not exist for S3 bumpers?

Attachments

• 1000008415.png
    1000008415.png
    865.2 KB · Views: 27