ColourMFA installation DIY guide for Audi A3 S3 RS3 8P - not a lie it's doable ;) ColorMFA upgrade retrofit

IPG

Reaction score
Hey all in 8P land. Have another video to share that builds on the compatibility of the ColourMFA digital FIS instrument cluster upgrade to the 8P range.

I originally played around with these on the 8L and the community loves them. It was a while before I thought to fiddle with it on my TT 8J (which pretty much has the same control modules as the 8P) and once i got it working i was 99% sure it'd function just as well in the A3 S3 8P.

So here it is... it's a detiled installation tutorial of how you can upgrade your instrument cluster to ColorMFA for WAY more engine visibility, diagnostics and even live datalogging. Enjoy ;)

If you'd like to see a rundown of most of the features and how simple this is to use view this video.

Reactions: samisnake and NHN
Take my money!!!
Simply superb.

• Love
Reactions: IPG
Yeap I'd be intrigued by this & a friend & forum member also.

What's the damage on the parts?

Yeap I'd be intrigued by this & a friend & forum member also.

What's the damage on the parts?
The kit itself is (has gone up... what hasn't) last i was quote for 1 is $250USD (the PQ35 has extra components on board). THen factor in some extra for the CAN hookup wiring stuff so roughly ~$300USD in total.

Obtaining a kit is going to be the first hurdle - these are from Russia so... it's all a bit tricky at the moment - supply has been paused pretty much since corona came along.

this looks awsome!
Yep it's pretty awesome! The support with firmware updates is also excellent.

it has a visual CAN data logger so it enables you to send can data to the ColourMFA team for updates with features. Like originally the Esp button activation deactivation didn't show up in the ColourMFA. Now it does.

People ask for all sorts of mods to the software

Totally awesome

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

• Love
Hey Mate amazing work on that TT you have literally abandoned the 8l section ,do perhaps have a lost 8l colourmfa still for sale, dirtylime doesnt seem to respond these days

Hey Mate amazing work on that TT you have literally abandoned the 8l section ,do perhaps have a lost 8l colourmfa still for sale, dirtylime doesnt seem to respond these days
I'm back in the BAM 1.8t game but not in the 8L.... have the 8N to play with.

Sorry i don't have any kits spare :( The ones i do have sitting with me are already paid for and awaiting installation.

I agree the Russian suppliers are hard to get hold of but they're still there and responding... so i'm still hopeful supply comes back some where along the lines. How long that line is.... who knows ???