Low pressure fuel pump

Julian smith

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm trying to source a in tank fuel pump for my 2005 A3 8p 2.0 tfsi quattro part no
1k0 919 051 AJ although I'm told this has been superseded by same number except last two letters have changed to sa I think.
I'm only stage 2 so stock is fine for my needs,
TPS quoted £220 plus vat and it doesn't seem to be an aftermarket part.
Unless someone knows different?
Many thanks guys

part number superseded to AS.
as you found, cant really see any aftermarket version for some reason (other than a couple ***** brands).
vdo made the original part, 228-235-070-002Z SHOULD be the the aftermarket version according to their online catalogue.
a pump for an s3 should fit, both are quattro 2.0, but you wont know until you come to fit whether there are differences in connectors etc.

seems like your only choices here are go genuine, or take a gamble with an aftermarket that fits an s3.
can get hella, hitachi, magneti marelli for around the £100 mark.

Reactions: Julian smith

as you found, cant really see any aftermarket version for some reason (other than a couple ***** brands).
vdo made the original part, 228-235-070-002Z SHOULD be the the aftermarket version according to their online catalogue.
a pump for an s3 should fit, both are quattro 2.0, but you wont know until you come to fit whether there are differences in connectors etc.

seems like your only choices here are go genuine, or take a gamble with an aftermarket that fits an s3.
Cheers pal I got OEM from audi parts direct for £220

Seems I took a gamble with OEM buddy, it's very different to the one that was in the car, as in it has one less pipe.