Possible new old bus .

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Evening chaps.
so another day has ended slightly better than it started.
Maybe be a new old bus in the pipeline.
It's had a few mods, not sure whether the anthracite rims look as good as the silver oem finish on a sprint blue bus.
its one of those things , maybe or maybe not.

Last edited:
Reactions: tr7, Rob Avant, Jamsmoo and 1 other person
I like the anthracite look. Very nice in deed for an old bus.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Evening chaps.
It's had a few mods, not sure whether the anthracite rims look as good as the silver oem finish on a sprint blue bus.

View attachment 259185
Wow that looks beautiful Rob, I do like a blue saloon :thumbs up: I'm assuming it's a 4.2 V8 S4?Have you bought it, or is it just a possibility at the moment?

With respect to the wheels, it's silver for me all day long. It contrasts the darker body colour well, and matches the silver window trims, grille, and light reflectors which ties things together nicely for a cohesive look.

Reactions: tr7 and Charlie Farley
Wow that looks beautiful Rob, I do like a blue saloon :thumbs up: I'm assuming it's a 4.2 V8 S4?Have you bought it, or is it just a possibility at the moment?

With respect to the wheels, it's silver for me all day long. It contrasts the darker body colour well, and matches the silver window trims, grille, and light reflectors which ties things together nicely for a cohesive look.
it is an S4 indeedy.
It's a friend's car that I know very well, well i fitted the head unit in it, he's looking to change it quite soon so i've first dibs at the right price of course , and as he is a good friend he'd rather sell to me and know it will get looked after.

full Milltek system and remapped but pretty well standard cosmetically, it sounds an absolute beast , goes well too.
I find that dark wheels look smaller than the same wheel in silver.
They just seem to look lost under the arches, i think if i do go further with it id fit my silver OZ's on it and get something else for the old bus.

anyway, it's a cracking tool, and not a done deal just yet but fingers crossed.

• Love
Reactions: tr7 and NM07
That’s a cracking looking car Rob. :friends:

Evening chaps.

View attachment 259185
Nice , but dont like the wheels, would be good with DTM wheels in Anthracite.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
would look nice with these on.
IMG 5504

Reactions: tr7, Rob Avant and Jcbmally
OZ's would look great but I'd definitely get the standard wheels refinished back to Silver

Best of luck! I'd love a second one to tinker with

He's undecided now if he want to sell it or not, seems to think it is worth shed loads now and friend or not i'm not paying silly money for it.

I'll see what occurs , MOT has expired too.

Hmm.

Yeh perhaps best giving it a wide berth then.

Two fold problem.

First, The trouble with involving money and friends is very rarely if ever worth it. I've lost one I never thought I would, and now make a point of never doing it with anyones friendship I value, no matter how big or small the amount is.

The second issue, and perhaps the most trouble.

Overly optimistic owners.

In my experience, the level of time/energy required to manage someones expectations is very rarely ever worth it.

And to top it off, even if you were successful after you've invested this time/energy into doing so. After educating them at length why their 'pride and joy' which might be a heap of **** that's only barely able to be brought back from the brink, isn't worth close to what they're dreaming

It's very rare that they'd ever even yield and sell it to you. As that would be admitting defeat. And saving face means more to them than the actual sale.

So ultimately they will sell it to the next muggins that comes along with their newly adjusted expectations after you've wasted all the energy. Thus, you benefit nothing from the experience, but yet have spent all the time and energy into it

Rarely if ever worth the time imv.

I'd give your friend the word that you'd be interested, and leave it at that. See how he fairs on the open market and trade bids from dealers first before you spend the energy doing so.