Actual size of the bus steering wheel!!?

I really don't get this thread. If you've got the standard or carbon versions, you don't have to worry about a round steering wheel. If you've got the vorsprung version and don't like the round wheel for some reason, change it. Next...

I really don't get this thread. If you've got the standard or carbon versions, you don't have to worry about a round steering wheel. If you've got the vorsprung version and don't like the round wheel for some reason, change it. Next...

I’m not convinced it’s fully that easy, given the sensors being the reason it’s round in the first place.

I think the issue is that everyone would’ve chosen a flat bottomed version if they’d been given the chance and begrudge paying the hundreds of pounds to ‘change it’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not convinced it’s fully that easy, given the sensors being the reason it’s round in the first place.

I think the issue is that everyone would’ve chosen a flat bottomed version if they’d been given the chance and begrudge paying the hundreds of pounds to ‘change it’.

I agree about the likelihood of choice if there had have been any. It is what is is though. It's a round steering wheel on a sports car. The one the M3, M4 and M5 has to "make do with" seems to be ok though.

I agree about the likelihood of choice if there had have been any. It is what is is though. It's a round steering wheel on a sports car. The one the M3, M4 and M5 has to "make do with" seems to be ok though.

I personally haven’t complained, actually saying it’s not the end of the world for me. Definitely a shame Audi made the decision for us though.

Reactions: Deleted member 160894
Jeez another forum fall out looms……..

If people ordered a Vorsprung, they did it knowing they'd get the round wheel. To change it is expensive at best. I fully understand why people feel the need to vent, as it should be standard across all RS variants. Clearly, you don't understand this or are just plain being a *****. Next...
I ordered a vorsprung and understood that new boy. I'm saying that the people that have round steering wheels are able to change them if they want. Yes there are consequences, price and bits that may not work etc, but there is a choice. The people who have the other versions have nothing to moan about anyway. That was my point.

As for needing to vent, I'm not sure anyone who actually has a round steering wheel is venting. Like @Daggerit I would have liked the choice but it wasn't available. It isn't standard because Audi says it's to do with the systems the vorsprung has. If you have a vorsprung and don't like the round wheel and don't want to spend extra money changing it, buy a different version Einstein :rolleyes:

Reactions: Daggerit
I personally haven’t complained, actually saying it’s not the end of the world for me. Definitely a shame Audi made the decision for us though.

I completely agree. Give us the choice, that would suit everyone.

Reactions: Daggerit
Sorry Guys I was wrong.
Round steering wheels are fine.
Had a test drive in a car today and it had one like this - it was terrific !
I’m a convert :icon thumright:

View attachment 260228
That steering wheel pictured is another league from a Audi steering wheel plus your seating position is far lower your arms are horizontal to the wheel nobody does steering wheels better than Porsche

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
From what i got told today the only reason the sensors wont work in the flat bottom is because of the carbin on the aftermarket steering wheels. Dont know how true that is.

Tbh i dont mind the round steering wheel, only gripe i have with it is that its toooo thin. Round wheel would be better if was chunkier lyk the M cars

Reactions: IanL-RS3 and Daggerit
Hi. "Sport" wheel in RS3 has same size (diameter) as S3 wheel. "Bus" wheel is bigger (about 1 cm diameter more). Size S3 wheel is great. RS3 "bus" for me - little to big, but acceptable.
"Bus" - approx. 36,5 cm
"Sport" - approx. 35,5 cm
SQ5 - approx. 37,2 cm
I have to change "Bus" wheel size... Its not 36,5 cm. Is over 37 cm, about 37,4 cm, and it s same in ALL A3 with cruise assist... Same size has....my Skoda Octavia 4 and, i think, rest of VW cars with cruise... shame. Now i m sure, i dont want to have same steering wheel as Octavia :D