2012 Model New Owner Questions - Wireless key & CarPlay

WarwickBoy

Reaction score
[ATTACH type="full"]260405[/ATTACH][IMG alt="WarwickBoy"]https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/data/avatars/m/130/130809.jpg?1569185678[/IMG]

WarwickBoy

Active Member​

It's my birthday

Hi guys,

I've downsized from a 2020 S4 Avant to a 2012 Audi SE 2L petrol automatic and have a couple of minor questions.

1. I have the wireless key feature, but find with only one key the wireless function and start works. For the second key I have to place it in the dash before the start button works. I presume both cars can be set for wireless function. Is there a pairing procedure I need to do. Skimmed the manual and can't find anything?

2. When using Apple Car Play is there a way of changing tracks in Spotify or your music app of choice from a button in the car. On my S4 you could use -> and -< on the steering wheel to change track, but only seem to be able to -> or <- from the screen itself which is bit fiddly (as you have to change from Waze to Spotify to do so.

These are my only niggles. A great car. Below is my facia.

Attachments

• 9CD3ECE5-8955-4CB6-BF2E-1F9796852465.jpeg
    9CD3ECE5-8955-4CB6-BF2E-1F9796852465.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 98
CarPlay wasn't around in 2012 so I suspect the car has an aftermarket kit installed, there are a few aftermarketsolutions out there with varying levels of integration with the car controls so it depends which but I know the one in my wife's A5 is either touchscreen or you can use the scroll wheel to move the 'cursor' on screen, there's no next/previous buttons mapped. The one installed in my S4 does support next/previous but is a full aftermarket system (new screen etc).

If yours is the factory screen, when carplay is active, press and hold anywhere on the screen for about 10 seconds, if a menu pops up where you can select Carplay or Android Auto, you most likely have the UAD version as in my wife's car.