New S4 owner. Exhaust and glovebox key questions.

coreythorny

Reaction score
Hi all.

Just swapped my 8P1 to a B8.5 S4. What a car.
But we all know that.

I was just wondering what the difference was, if any, between the exhausts on the non-drive select models and the ones with drive select. Reason I ask is mine doesn't seem as loud as videos of cars in dynamic, or is it just the soundaktor that's different?

Also, my car only had 2 keys and the shell of the 3rd key. Still showing 3 keys paired. I know the dealer I bought off won't have it as I'm the 3rd owner now so it's presumably been lost somewhere. However; to be safe, does anyone know how much Audi will charge me to get that missing key unpaired?

Thanks.

Do you not have the little black plastic key that goes inside the glove box one?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ah. I'm not sure you can unsync keys. I thought they workded on the logic of it stores so many and as you sync new ones the old ones drop off.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi nice motor

I don't think there's any difference in the exhaust as far as I know

Dynamic ups the revs and if it's s-tronic changes shift points too so your in higher revs than in drive, I stand corrected if I'm wrong

Chop

I was just wondering what the difference was, if any, between the exhausts on the non-drive select models and the ones with drive select. Reason I ask is mine doesn't seem as loud as videos of cars in dynamic, or is it just the soundaktor that's different?
No difference in exhaust but yes the fake sound will depend on ADS setting.

Fair enough.

I must admit, I got sick of the non-res miltek on the S3 and really appreciating the subtle sound that the S4 now. Just would be nice if it had a bit of grumble so it was obvious the car means business.

But saying that I even think the X-pipe mod is too much. Guess I can't be too fussy

Any thoughts on the 3rd key?

I eventually just bought a new "small key" and as said, when they added it in they basically remove all keys and just add back in what you take in to the dealer when they are doing the work.

I'm a bit like that, sorry, but just had to have all the bits that the car came with from factory!

Edit:- I think that the small key cost about £35 and I was charged £40 to do the coding on all the remaining keys - that was almost 2 years ago.

I eventually just bought a new "small key" and as said, when they added it in they basically remove all keys and just add back in what you take in to the dealer when they are doing the work.

I'm a bit like that, sorry, but just had to have all the bits that the car came with from factory!

Edit:- I think that the small key cost about £35 and I was charged £40 to do the coding on all the remaining keys - that was almost 2 years ago.

Brilliant.
That's actually quite reasonable, maybe not for a key I will never use but for peace of mind.

Hoping when I get the logbook back it has the old owner, might be worth sending him a letter... or maybe not if he actually has the key lol.

I can't give any good reason why I did not get in touch with the previous owner as I had his address! Just left it far too long so launched "plan B".

Edit:- I think that you should find the previous owner from the car's paper pack - unless it has had more than one owner!

Another Edit:- I can't see why the Audi main dealers can't correct this as it is a potential security issue, they should check the car over when it comes in! Mine was an Audi assured car so should have been complete on that issue - idiots!

I'll give Audi a ring this week and see.

If they can just remove it that would be great. I don't need the key and doubt in 4 years it will affect the value as it still has the two main ones.

If they can't I'll just order one.