A3 Sportback - Advices for options list

slax

Reaction score
Hello mates,
I am going to order a new S-line 35 Tdi 8Y Sportback this week, I am yet finalising my options list (which is not an easy task :whistle2:)
It will be ordered from Spain, so the equipment maybe slightly different from the UK's version,
Equipments/Options chosen so far : Panoramic sunroof, 3 spoke flat bottomed, 19" Wheels C2T, B&O, Black package, APS Plus, Rear Camera, Folding mirror, Leatherette interior, Comfort key, Ambient lights, Audi phone box light

I am hesitating for those options :
  • Electric tailgate, for an extra ~280£ (is it useful option on a hatch?)
  • Lumbar support 4 positions, for an extra ~220£ (does it mean it doesn't have a "manual" lumbar support as standard on the 8Y ?)
I've chosen to not take the Matrix LED as I rarely drive at night, neither the electric seats as I will be the sole driver of the car

Have I missed any other useful options, the one you regret not having it, or the one you are happy you've taken it ?

Thank you for your advices,

Reactions: helicopter_red
I would go for the electric tailgate at that price!
A lot of the stuff you are ordering I didnt have an option to here in the UK
The storage pack is useful, in the UK you get an extra storage box under the steering wheel cup holder inserts that fold away nets on rear of seats and in the boot plus extra 12 v socket in the boot.
I have the extra ambient light pack and its really good at night, but dont really notice it in the day, its all down to your taste really.
Spanish specification is probably different so you may already have some of them.
I have the extra lumba support and it is quite good but do think its down to you if it is worth it or not or if it will benefit you. I have no idea what you get if you dont select that option.
Would of loved the extras you have listed, i personally would go for them if money isnt an option, it will always increase re-sale value
good luck

Reactions: slax
I would go for the electric tailgate at that price!
A lot of the stuff you are ordering I didnt have an option to here in the UK
The storage pack is useful, in the UK you get an extra storage box under the steering wheel cup holder inserts that fold away nets on rear of seats and in the boot plus extra 12 v socket in the boot.
I have the extra ambient light pack and its really good at night, but dont really notice it in the day, its all down to your taste really.
Spanish specification is probably different so you may already have some of them.
I have the extra lumba support and it is quite good but do think its down to you if it is worth it or not or if it will benefit you. I have no idea what you get if you dont select that option.
Would of loved the extras you have listed, i personally would go for them if money isnt an option, it will always increase re-sale value
good luck
Thanks mate,

After reading the documentation, as standard there's no lumber on the sports seats, so I will certainly pick this option

For the storage pack, I might retrofit the storage compartment, the only useful thing for my usage. it can be replaced easily from what I've seen.

I would still pick the sport seats and the virtual cockpit plus,that I got when I ordered mine.
Probably a spare tire too. Never knew that repair thing destroys the tires

Στάλθηκε από το SM-M317F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I have the electric tailgate which can't be specced anymore unless you order a Vorsprung and it's very good especially with being able to set the height, so it doesn't hit my garage door - You had to add Advanced Key here in the UK to get it though

Matrix Headlights are very good and again only available on the Vorsprung (you are lucky to get so many options) - I would go for them

I have the electric tailgate which can't be specced anymore unless you order a Vorsprung and it's very good especially with being able to set the height, so it doesn't hit my garage door - You had to add Advanced Key here in the UK to get it though

Matrix Headlights are very good and again only available on the Vorsprung (you are lucky to get so many options) - I would go for them
I’d second the matrix headlights. If you’ve not seen them in action, there are more than a few demos and reviews on YouTube. (And there has been at least one thread to discuss there merits - complete with links to recommended videos, IIRC - in the early days of this 8Y forum).